BEUC, The European Consumer Organisation, is currently looking for a policy officer to reinforce its Energy Team and coordinate a project on sustainable housing. The Sustainable Buildings Officer will report to the Energy Team Leader.
The tasks of the position will include:
- Working closely with BEUC members to better understand consumer needs and awareness about house renovations, focusing on triggers, drivers, barriers, incentives and initiatives that can facilitate renovations for households;
- Developing a concerted consumer-friendly narrative to help shape the forthcoming EU policy initiatives so that consumers are incentivised to renovate their properties due to hassle-free processes, well-designed policies and attractive schemes (this includes promoting access to energy efficient housing for tenants);
- Providing BEUC members with intelligence and advice on sustainable housing and facilitate knowledge sharing among BEUC membership;
- Developing and maintaining contacts with EU policy makers and build coalitions with like-minded organisations;
- Preparing position papers as well as technical briefings and organising conferences and policy events;
- Representing BEUC in public events and relevant stakeholder groups.
The main qualifications we are looking for are:
- University degree in energy, environmental science, economics or law;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in sustainable housing and expertise on the EU building policy developments;
- Sound understanding of energy efficiency policies and consumer issues together with a commitment to advancing the interests of consumers in the energy and environment area;
- Very good understanding of the EU policy-making process and sound experience in lobbying the EU institutions;
- Excellent writing skills and good presentation skills; fluency in English is essential, additional European languages are an asset;
- Strong networking, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Solid organisational skills, capability to handle deadlines and ability to perform under pressure, team player.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to the promotion of the interests of consumers;
- A non-routine job implying action in several topics related to energy efficiency and energy markets;
- Networking opportunities with numerous organisations and the EU institutions;
- A full-time fixed term contract of 12 months ideally starting in August 2020 (possibly renewable) with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits, extra-legal paid leave, flexi-time).
Applications for the position should be sent by 28 June by e-mail to email@example.com with subject line: Sustainable Buildings Officer.
The first round of interviews may take place through videoconferencing.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application should include the following documents:
- A short motivation letter;
- A detailed curriculum-vitae;
- In a separate file, answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work at BEUC?
- Briefly explain the main reasons that motivate you to work at BEUC, using maximum 150 words.
- Why should BEUC appoint you?
- Tell us why you think we should appoint you rather than other candidates, using maximum 150 words.
- Briefly summarise the main barriers to renovations in the residential sector and explain how to incentivise home or apartment owners and tenants and how to design policies that boost building renovations.
- Convince us, by using maximum 250 words.
Any incomplete application will be disregarded.
BEUC is an equal-opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications