BEUC, The European Consumer Organisation, is currently looking for a Project Manager to oversee the implementation of its third-party funded projects. The Project Manager will report to the Finance and Administration Director.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of EU (mainly H2020) and non-EU funded projects within BEUC, to provide excellence in their administrative and financial management. A key challenge will be managing multiple simultaneous complex projects.
The tasks of the position include:
A Policy Officer is dedicated to each project. The PM will work in tandem with the Policy Officers.
- Creating and implementing an effective monitoring process for project delivery at BEUC;
- Tracking progress of deliverables, milestones, project expenditure and staff allocations for projects;
- Overseeing the implementation of project activities internally and with BEUC members;
- Acting as the central contact point for internal and external stakeholders in relation to the projects;
- Preparation of periodic reports for relevant projects, including financial and narrative reporting;
- Being responsible for data management related to the projects;
- Identifying and addressing unanticipated risks.
The main qualifications we are looking for:
- University degree in sciences, management or similar;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience working on Project Management;
- Very good understanding of the EU project management process including familiarity with the Research and Innovation Grant Management tool (H2020);
- Excellent writing skills and good presentation skills; fluency in English is essential, additional European languages are an asset;
- Strong networking, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Solid organisational skills and an excellent eye for detail;
- Ability to cope under pressure and to meet strict deadlines;
- Proactive and highly motivated to demonstrate excellence in project delivery and management.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to the promotion of the interests of consumers;
- A non-routine job implying action in several topics related to consumer affairs, particularly the energy sector;
- Networking opportunities with numerous organisations and the EU institutions;
- A full-time fixed term contract ideally starting in April 2021 with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits, extra-legal paid leave, flexi-time).
Applications for the position should be sent by 14 March 2021 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Project Manager.
The first round of interviews will take place through videoconferencing, the week of 21 March.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application should include the following documents:
- A short motivation letter;
- A detailed curriculum-vitae;
- In a separate file, answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work at BEUC?
- Briefly explain the main reasons that motivate you to work at BEUC, using maximum 150 words.
- Why should BEUC appoint you?
- Tell us why you think we should appoint you rather than other candidates, using maximum 150 words.
- Briefly summarise, how you would track the progress of multiple ongoing projects and ensure that their aims are achieved?
- Convince us, by using maximum 250 words.
Any incomplete application will be disregarded.
BEUC is an equal-opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications