BEUC, the European Consumer Organisation, is looking for a legal officer to reinforce its work on consumer rights, redress and enforcement. The position will focus on improving the enforcement of consumer rights across the EU by supporting BEUC’s and our members’ enforcement projects and co-ordinating our members activities in this respect, as well as working on consumer rights and the development of EU policies relevant to consumers.
The legal officer with report to the team leader for enforcement and redress.
The tasks of the position will include:
- Implementing our support programme for member enforcement activities at national level;
- Co-ordinating consumer law enforcement activities by our members, in consumer protection law but also in other fields;
- Promoting the exchange of best practices with the aim of improving co-operation of consumer organizations amongst themselves and with public enforcement bodies at EU and national level;
- Contribute to BEUC’s work in the field of EU consumer law with drafting positions papers and actively engaging in our campaigns.
The main qualifications we are looking for are:
- Master degree in law;
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in a position related to the EU/national law, ideally with a focus on EU consumer and market law and contract and civil liability law;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English are essential; good knowledge of written and spoken French an asset;
- Very good communication skills;
- Good knowledge of the EU institutions;
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer policy and legislation;
- Experience in co-operating with an EU wide network and/or project management is an asset;
- experience with working in a public enforcement authority or law firm is an asset;
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Team player; ability to perform under pressure; well organised.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to promoting consumer interests;
- Networking opportunities with numerous organisations and decision makers;
- A full-time contract with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits, extra-legal paid leave, flexi-time).
Applications for the position should be sent by 1st December 2021 by e-mail to email@example.com with subject line: Legal Officer - Redress and Enforcement.
The position is available as of 1 January 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application should include the following documents (with your name as title):
- A short motivation letter;
- A detailed curriculum-vitae;
- In a separate file, answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work at BEUC?
- Briefly explain the main reasons that motivate you to work at BEUC, using maximum 150 words.
- Why should BEUC appoint you?
- Tell us why you think we should appoint you rather than other candidates, using maximum 150 words.
- How can the EU ensure that consumers do not have rights only on paper but can actually enforce them?
Any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
this job offer is not open for applications