BEUC, The European Consumer Organisation, is looking for a Communications Officer, full-time indefinite employment contract.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, you will be responsible for media relations activities for a number of BEUC’s priorities. These activities include drafting press releases, pitching news stories and responding to journalist requests.
The tasks of the position will include:
- Carrying out media relations activities;
- Writing and editing fact sheets, website updates, position papers and other communications material;
- Ensuring an active social media presence;
- Helping with the organisation of events;
- Developing and implementing campaigns with our member organisations;
- Managing the production of publications and other communications material by coordinating the work of external suppliers.
The main qualifications we are looking for are:
- A University degree;
- A solid background in communications: at least 2 years of relevant professional experience in press and media work;
- You have experience in using a broad range of communications tools and applying them in target-specific situations;
- You are creative and like to brainstorm with colleagues to develop new ideas;
- You follow the latest developments in how social media tools can be used in a professional background and you have a proven track-record in applying them in a professional context;
- English native language skills are essential, second EU language an advantage;
- Very good knowledge of the EU institutions and its political decision-making process;
- First class written and verbal communications skills. You have experience in translating policy texts into non-expert language;
- A proven interest in understanding, appreciating and articulating the consumer interest;
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Team player; ability to perform under pressure; well organised.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to promoting consumer interests;
- A team of experienced consumer advocates who are eager to make use of your communications skills to better convince EU stakeholders of their policy arguments;
- Networking opportunities with numerous organisations and decision makers;
- A full-time contract with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits, extra-legal paid leave, flexi-time).
Applications for the position should be sent by 15 January 2020 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Communications Officer.
The first round of interviews will take place in the week of 20 January.
For immediate entry into function.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application should include the following documents (with your name as title):
- A short motivation letter;
- A detailed curriculum-vitae;
- In a separate file, answers to the following questions:
Any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
BEUC is an equal-opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications