Full-time fixed term contract of 12 months ideally starting in January 2020
BEUC, The European Consumer Organisation, is currently looking for a policy officer to reinforce its Energy Team.
The tasks of the position will include:
- Contributing to the EU agenda related to energy & climate policy and developing contacts with EU officials, MEPs, energy regulators and other relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinating a project focusing on a decarbonised, flexible energy system that is fair for consumers, undertaking advocacy work on relevant initiatives and communicating about project results to a broad audience;
- Providing BEUC members with information and advice on consumer-oriented energy policies and enabling knowledge sharing among BEUC membership;
- Preparing position papers as well as technical briefings (such as on flexible energy consumption, the impact on consumers and on the energy system);
- Organising conferences and policy events;
- Representing BEUC in public events and relevant stakeholder groups.
The main qualifications we are looking for are:
- An advanced University degree in energy economics and/or law;
- At least 3 years relevant experience working in the energy and/or environment sector;
- Sound understanding of energy policy;
- Very good understanding of the EU policy-making process and sound experience in lobbying the EU institutions;
- Good understanding of consumer issues and a commitment to advancing the interests of consumers in the energy and environment area;
- Excellent writing skills and good presentation skills; fluency in English is essential, additional European languages are an asset;
- Strong networking, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Solid organisational skills, capability to handle deadlines and ability to perform under pressure, team player.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to the promotion of the interests of consumers;
- A non-routine job implying action in several topics related to energy markets;
- Networking opportunities with numerous organisations and the EU institutions;
- A full-time fixed term contract of 12 months ideally starting in January 2020 (possibly renewable) with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits, extra-legal paid leave, flexi-time).
Applications for the position should be sent before 11 November 2019 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Energy Policy Officer.
Interviews will take place in Brussels in the week of 18 November 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application should include the following documents:
- A short motivation letter;
- A detailed curriculum-vitae;
- In a separate file, answers to the following questions:
Any incomplete application will be disregarded.
BEUC is an equal-opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications