BEUC, The European Consumer Organisation is looking to recruit a full-time (Junior) Communications Officer.
We are looking for a junior professional with expertise in and curiosity for social media and video creation, and who is eager to acquire a wider communications experience.
- Develop social media content and video material for all policy-areas of BEUC;
- Help with the creation of fact sheets, infographics and other communications material with a focus on competition issues;
- Manage the production of communications material by coordinating the work of external suppliers;
- Help with the organisation of events;
- Provide support to the Transatlantic Consumer Dialogue network which is hosted by BEUC (community coordination, website management, social media);
- Provide support to communication activities such as press work, press monitoring, membership communication and website management.
- At least two years of professional experience in communications;
- At least a bachelor’s degree;
- You follow the latest developments in how social media tools can be used in a professional background and you have a proven track-record in using them;
- You know how to use video creation software and have shown experience in shooting and editing videos (for social media use);
- You are creative and keen on developing ideas for communication actions;
- Very good English language skills, second EU language an advantage;
- First class written and verbal communications skills;
- Very good knowledge of the EU institutions and its political decision-making process;
- Interest in understanding, appreciating and articulating the consumer interest.
What we offer:
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment within an organisation dedicated to promoting consumer interests;
- A team of experienced consumer advocates who are eager to make use of your communications skills to better convince EU stakeholders of their policy arguments;
- The opportunity to meet and work with consumer representatives and other experts from more than 30 European countries;
- A one-year contract (with possibility to be renewed) with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits, extra-legal paid leave, flexi-time).
Applications for the post, including motivation letter and CV, should be sent by 7 July 2020 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Junior Communications Officer.
The first round of interviews will take place in the week of 13 July.
For immediate entry into function.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your application should include the following documents (with your name as file name):
- A short motivation letter;
- A detailed CV;
- In a separate file, answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work at BEUC?
- Briefly explain the main reasons that motivate you to work at BEUC, using maximum 150 words.
- Why should BEUC appoint you?
- Tell us why you think we should appoint you rather than other candidates, using maximum 150 words.
- Describe how you would use social media to target EU-institutions and Brussels-based stakeholders with consumer and competition-related policy recommendations? (Maximum 250 words.)
Any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
BEUC is an equal-opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications