Cosmetics Europe has an immediate opening for a Scientific Manager (toxicology & training) for the industry’s Science Programme.
Main responsibilities are the following
- Managing industry expert group(s) and provide technical and strategic support to reach their objectives;
- Contributing to the preparation of projects in the assigned areas (tbd);
- Accountable for the delivery of the assigned projects/activities;
- Acting as industry’s focal point for selected researchers and service providers during contract negotiations and running of the projects;
- Initiating, monitoring and reporting on progress of the research projects using a project management system with the support of the project assistant;
- Exercising leadership in designing and organising educational courses to promote the use of alternative approaches for safety assessment of cosmetic ingredients and products;
- Co-ordinating with sister organisations (cosmetics industry associations) in other geographies the effective use of training materials for educational courses on alternative methods to internal stakeholders (member companies & their service providers);
- Contributing to the preparation of workshops, papers, oral presentations and posters in scientific meetings/conferences.
Professional qualifications required
- University education in toxicology, biochemistry, biology, chemistry or related scientific discipline;
- Affinity with the field of Alternatives to Animal testing & Safety assessment;
- 3-5 years of professional experience;
- Good organisational and communication skills are essential;
- Sound experience in scientific project management;
- Feels comfortable working in a complex environment;
- Ability to work in a proactive and autonomous way as well as in a team;
- Fluency in spoken and written English (working knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage).
- An open-ended contract/full time basis;
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits package;
- A challenging position of high exposure in a motivated and international team;
- A wide portfolio of responsibilities and opportunities within a strong industrial sector.
Interested in this position?
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your motivation for this position to: email@example.com.
Applications must be received by close of business on 26/10/2020.
Only successful candidates fulfilling all the requirements will be short-listed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.
Telephone enquiries cannot be answered.