The European Association of the Machine Tool Industries and related manufacturing technologies (CECIMO) is looking for a new staff member to join its team based in Brussels. Founded in 1950, CECIMO is recognized as the worldwide representative of the common interests and values of the European machine tool industry. CECIMO is the European platform which identifies and promotes key strategic initiatives to improve the global competitiveness and leadership of the European machine tool industry.
Job description: European Projects Assistant
The project assistant will support CECIMO’s activities in the implementation and communication of different European projects (e.g. Trinity, SAM, Dimofac) as well as help in finding new projects opportunities for the association. She/he should have a basic knowledge of project management, have a good organisational and communication skills and have interest and understanding of advanced manufacturing and emerging technologies.
The project assistant will support the work of his/her colleagues on the following tasks:
- Implementation of EU-funded projects according to work-packages, interaction with project partners and financial administration;
- Desk research and data and input collection via surveys and/or interviews with external stakeholders in strategic issues for the sector (emerging technologies, skills, sustainability, corporate responsibility, etc.);
- Development of project deliverables and reports;
- Monitoring of EU funding programmes to identify strategic calls for the association and the sector;
- Preparation of project proposals;
- Organization of project events (seminars and workshops), identifying external speakers, preparing communication materials and presentations, as well as writing articles.
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and oral) and ability to write clear reports and articles;
- Experience in communication campaign, organisation of events and other dissemination activities;
- Good understanding of European institutions, policies and programmes (research, innovation industrial, education, environmental policies in particular). Having internship experience with European Institutions and/or European trade associations is a strong advantage;
- Good computer skills (MS Office pack, including PowerPoint and Excel);
- Good organizational skills;
- Self-motivated, responsible and proactive;
- University degree in international relations, economics, law, political or social sciences.
- A motivating and multicultural working environment;
- Opportunity to gain broad experience within an innovative industrial sector and a multinational association;
- Great variety in tasks, many networking opportunities, international experience including travel to project meetings;
- A 6 months contrat d'immersion professionnelle with possibility of extension;
- Start date: as soon as possible.
Please send your application (CV + cover letter) to Ms Muriel Poncin at email@example.com by the 25 of February.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
this job offer is not open for applications