About the role:
The successful candidate will work on internal and external communication. In particular, he/she will be able to communicate in a simple and effective way on the societal contribution of our industry. He/she will need to have a flair for online communication, but also be able to manage relations with traditional media. He/she must have a fine knowledge of web management, infographics, video editing and social media. He/she will design the CECIMO events and meetings like the General Assembly.
The Communication Manager will work on all communication-related tasks:
- Communicate effectively to CECIMO Members and external EU stakeholders by integrating communication strategies and tools into colleagues’ work: set deadlines for communication, define the audience, deploy the right tools, organise promotional events and so on;
- Organize conferences and events: among others, propose new formats for the events, create webpages, gather communication material, manage registrations, …;
- Organize efficient and inspiring General Assemblies including social/educational programme;
- Ensure the quality of all external communications: drafting, proofreading, layout of letters and emails;
- Relate to the press: among others, coordinate and finalise CECIMO press releases and latest news, organise press conferences, keep contacts with journalists;
- Be in charge of CECIMO communication tools: in particular, manage the website and social media channels;
- Be in charge of CECIMO visuals: create catchy infographics, design all printed materials, and produce videos;
- Support colleagues in the dissemination activities of EU-funded projects: manage mailchimp accounts, help producing newsletters, design dissemination materials;
- Be in charge of the Communication Working Group: organise initiatives together with communication experts from our national member associations and member companies to promote our industry, our industries interests and values.
Qualifications and experience:
- Excellent command of English (native);
- Broad experience in communication-related tasks, preferably in an international organization;
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere Pro);
- Excellent knowledge of a web content management system (CMS), preferably WordPress. Preferably knowledge of SEO. Good knowledge of Google Analytics;
- Excellent knowledge of social media and experience in defining social media strategies;
- Capable of creating designs and layouts for brochures, presentations, posters, email communications, etc.;
- Capable of creating infographics for social media and printed material;
- Capable of recording and editing videos.
The Communication Officer will:
- Collaborate harmoniously within a small and multicultural team;
- Work autonomously, take initiatives, be pro-active and innovative;
- Work in an organized and methodical way, being able to prioritize and to pay attention to detail and accuracy;
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, even under pressure;
- Work with flexibility and reliability;
- Be customer oriented.
- A motivating, multilingual and multicultural working environment;
- An opportunity of gaining broad experience within an innovative industrial sector and a multinational association;
- Competitive remuneration package with extra benefits;
- Full-time, permanent contract.
Please click here to send your cover letter and CV no later than 23 January 2020. While we appreciate all responses to our request for applications, please understand that we will only contact short-listed candidates.
this job offer is not open for applications