SolarPower Europe, based in Brussels, is recruiting a Junior Communications and Social Media Advisor/Strategist for an internship to support our external communications and digital presence. SolarPower Europe is a member-led association representing more than 200 companies across the solar value chain. Our mission is to ensure more energy is generated from solar than any other energy source by 2030.
SolarPower Europe is a leading association in energy and climate policy, recently named ‘Best Overall European Association’ at the European Association Awards 2019. We have a great story to tell – from our award-winning market intelligence, to our innovative policy initiatives, we aim to support the energy transition and help facilitate the European Green Deal.
Communications and maintaining an engaging digital presence are crucial to the work we do. We are looking for a highly motivated Communications and Social Media Advisor/Strategist to join our dedicated team. We offer a dynamic working environment at the heart of European affairs and will give you valuable insight into the solar and energy sector in Brussels to help guide your career in the communications field. Much of our work concerns the upcoming European Green Deal, this is an exciting time to be involved in the renewable energy sector.
- Administrating SolarPower Europe’s social media channels by producing high-quality and creative content for Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
- Website maintenance: Producing and publishing content, proofreading and editing material, checking content for accuracy, SEO, monitoring website using Google Analytics
- Support the internal communication work toward our members (mailings and members area of our website)
- Proofread and edit reports and other digital material
- Plan and produce our monthly newsletter
- Contribute to and support the execution of our political communications campaigns
- Excellent command of English; native English speakers will be considered in priority
- Willing to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and multicultural association
- Relevant degree
- Passion for communications and renewable energy
- IT skills and first-hand experience with website content management and design programmes is a plus
- Audio-visual storytelling (creating images/infographics/video) is desirable
- Experience with social media and appropriate messaging across different platform
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills, flexibility, responsibility
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Applicants with student status are welcome to apply within the framework of their school’s study programme
Conditions of SPE Internship:
- A 6-months’ ‘Convention d’Immersion Professionel’, or Internship contract. Possibility to renew for an additional 6 months.
- A standard monthly reimbursement for expenses of €1.000,
- Reimbursement for public transportation,
- Lunch vouchers of 8€ per day worked (with a participation of €1.09/voucher),
- Conditional on approval of the internship by Brussels Formation (SPE will manage the request), and
- For students, a signed Convention de Stage (a tripartite agreement signed by SolarPower Europe, the intern and his/her university or college) is foreseen.
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and motivation letter (maximum 1 page) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 27 January 2020 COB quoting “ Junior Communications and Social Media Advisor/Strategist” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information on SolarPower Europe, please visit www.solarpowereurope.org