SolarPower Europe is a member-led association representing the European solar PV sector. SolarPower Europe’s aim is to ensure that more energy is generated by solar than any other energy source by 2030 and lead our members to make solar the core of a smart, sustainable and inclusive energy system. We are an award-winning association and have over 260 members spanning 35 countries. We aim to produce thought-leading energy market analysis and support the business of our members through creative and successful advocacy campaigns.
With solar sitting on the horizon of unprecedented expansion, we work together with our members to create the right regulatory and business environment to take solar to the next level. Our specialised workstreams, convened by our dedicated policy experts, bring solar organisations together to better understand and influence the current priority issues and legislation impacting solar development.
With an office in the heart of Brussels’ EU quarter, our strong relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders ensure solar’s leading role in the European energy transition and beyond.
We offer a dynamic working environment within a close-knit and multicultural team in Brussels.
As part of the Policy team, you will be overseeing SolarPower Europe’s work on solar PV supply chains from different angles.
Reporting to the Policy Director, you will:
- Develop a vision and strategy for reshoring and diversifying solar PV supply chains in close cooperation with the Leadership Team;
- Lead the outreach and advocacy strategy towards the EU institutions, in particular on the Green Deal Industry Plan, and related legislation such as the Net Zero Industry Act, Critical Raw Materials Act, as well as State Aid frameworks and EU financing and funding for manufacturing;
- Lead the Manufacturing Workstream, establishing close working relationships with key SPE members on the upstream and the downstream side;
- Act as the main contact point representing SolarPower Europe in relevant EU debates such as the European Commission’s European Solar Industry Alliance, ETIP-PV and the High Level Forum for Standardisation, as well as in relevant working groups in the IEA, IRENA, the International Solar Alliance and Clean Energy Ministerial;
- Lead a small team of two policy advisors as direct reports;
- Contribute to the content of SolarPower Europe’s communication channels such as the newsletter, social media, website;
- Contribute to SolarPower Europe’s business development and member recruitment and retention; and
- With the support of your team, organise webinars, workshops and other events in collaboration with SolarPower Europe’s Events team.
- Masters’ Degree in a relevant discipline such as International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law, or similar;
- At least 5 years of demonstrated work experience in EU advocacy in the field of energy or sustainability; experience on trade or supply chains is a clear plus;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in understanding of solar PV or renewable energy sector in the EU and at the global level: key players, drivers, barriers, challenges and trends;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in advocacy and understanding of EU policymaking process;
- Excellent communication skills, experience with social media and other distribution channels with a strong command of English – written and oral; additional EU languages are a plus;
- Team player with flexibility to work in a dynamic and multicultural team with high interaction across different departments.
Some international travel within Europe will be required.
SolarPower Europe offers a comprehensive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience for this full time, permanent position.
Please email your application in English to (firstname.lastname@example.org) before COB 11 November 2023 quoting “Head of Supply Chain Diversification” and your full name in the email subject line. Your application should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 2 page) outlining how you match the position requirements;
- a CV (maximum 2 pages).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
this job offer is not open for applications