The European Association of the Machine Tool Industry and related Manufacturing Technologies is looking for a new staff member to develop its market presence.
About the Association
Founded in 1950, CECIMO is recognised as the international representative of the common interests and values of the European machine tool industry, consisting of a total of 15 European national associations. CECIMO is the European platform which identifies and promotes key strategic initiatives to improve the global competitiveness and leadership of the European machine tool industry.
Recently, CECIMO has moreover created a new Committee within its structure to represent Additive Manufacturing/3D printing.
About the role
The Director – Technical Regulation will have a strong focus on the setting of global standards and standartisation processes and the uptake of Artificial Intelligence. Similarly, the successful candidate is going to perform an essential role at ensuring that CECIMO is leading at facing today’s challenges like circular economy and digitalisation.
The The Director will work on EU regulatory and policy issues dealing with technical subjects (such as Digitization and 3D Printing) and on EU Research and Development Projects. He/she will be preferably an engineer with a high interest in regulatory and business issues, or a generalist with a high interest in engineering and advanced manufacturing. He/she must have a fine knowledge of project management. He /she is independent and well-organised, and stands out as an excellent communicator with a positive attitude and the ability to easily adjust to changing circumstances.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Promote and represent the machine tool sector to the European public authorities for mainly technical regulations (health and safety, machinery, circular economy, environment and energy), and research and innovation issues;
- Define and implement actions to help European machine tool builders coping with technical regulations and standards, in Europe and in export markets (China, USA, etc);
- Monitor and follow technical regulation related to digitalisation;
- Improve possibilities of the sector to initiate and participate in Research and Innovation projects at the European level. Monitor and ensure CECIMO’s participation in EU funded projects;
- Monitor EU dossiers and analyse their possible impacts on the European machine tool industry;
- Write position papers and defend them towards EU decision makers and other stakeholders;
- Write technical guides about safety of machine tools and EU respective safety regulations;
- Manage the experts working groups and give presentations to the Board and the General Assembly.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree preferably in Engineering (automation, electromechanical or mechanical), Law or EU Affairs (Legal, Economics or Business). Other relevant academic qualifications will be considered;
- Interest in the advanced manufacturing industry and issues surrounding it;
- Good understanding of European institutions, policies, regulations (environment, circular economy, energy, research and innovation and industrial machinery) and the EU decision-making processes;
- Preferably experience with international and European standardisation process;
- Ideally experience in project management and preferably with EU funded R&D projects;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral), ability to write clear and straightforward (technical) reports, articles, technical guides and position papers;
- Excellent multitasking skills and analytically minded attitude towards work;
- Exceptional sense of initiative and autonomy, highly organized and ability to prioritize;
- Ready to organize seminars, meetings and any additional events;
- Ready to contribute in a flexible way to a small but dynamic team;
- Fluency in English with any additional language being an asset;
- Proficiency with MS Office.
What the job offers
- A motivating, multilingual and multicultural working environment;
- The opportunity to gain broad experience within an innovative industrial sector and a multinational association;
- Extensive exposure internally across the sector and externally amongst stakeholders/EU institutions;
- Working on and staying up to date with a range of hot topics, from AI and circular economy to digitisation;
- Competitive remuneration package with a variety of extra benefits;
- Challenging job in a fast-evolving and technology-driven industry sector with many European and international contacts;
- Full-time, permanent contract.
How to apply
All applications for this position will be exclusively reviewed by EARS. Please send your application consisting of a cover letter as well as your CV to Sergey Golyshin, Recruitment Consultant at email@example.com and Sebastien Bechara, Recruitment Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org before 23/01/2020.
this job offer is not open for applications