EUSPA AND THE HIRING DEPARTMENT
The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is an operational EU Agency that provides safe and secure European satellite navigation services, promotes the commercialization of Galileo, EGNOS, and Copernicus data and services. It also coordinates the EU’s forthcoming governmental satellite communications programme GOVSATCOM. EUSPA is also responsible for the security accreditation of all the Components of the EU Space Programme. For more information on the EUSPA and the EU Space Programme, click here.
The current vacancy is for an opportunity in the Finance Department which supports the Agency in achieving its goals, particularly regarding all matters related to budgeting and financial management and reporting. The Finance Department is part of the EUSPA’s administration platform, under the steering and supervision of the Head of Administration.
The position will be situated at the Agency’s headquarters in the heart of Europe – Prague – with excellent connection to numerous major European cities. The capital of the Czech Republic, in the banks of the Vltava River, is famous for its cultural life, renowned musical life, historic buildings, magical bridges, and recognized museums and monuments.
Qualifications We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Financial Officer who will be responsible for complex financial reporting, verifying complex financial transactions and fully managing internal and external audits. He/she will report to the Head of Department (or his/her assignee) and will be entrusted with the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the appropriate financial databases, in particular in relation to entrusted budget (worth ~€9B in current financial perspective with ~1.1B from previous financial perspective still to be managed);
- Produce and distribute the required financial reports, maintain proper archives, records and databases, in particular for delegated budget;
- Analyse, review and process complex financial transactions including the implementation of commitments, amendments, payments and recovery of amounts;
- Drive the review of financial related aspect of upcoming contracts and amendments;
- Lead the cost cut-off exercise at year’s end, interfacing with the various contract managers in order to collect and validate inputs while providing guidance regarding cost recognition eligibility;
- Manage independently the end-to-end cycle of internal and external audits including liaison with relevant counterparts in other EU bodies, and prepare the necessary input for such audits, together with the tracking, implementation and follow-up of relevant findings and observations;
- Manage the elaboration of processes, procedures, reports and tools for improving financial management activities;
- Steer the department change in coordination with the line manager towards a process-oriented approach, including the collection, rationalisation and improvement of existing processes and support the creation and definition of as yet non-documented processes;
- Coach EUSPA staff on financial procedures;
- Provide financial advice and ensure the correct implementation of the EU Financial Regulation;
- Act as Financial Verifying Agent and back up other Financial Officers;
- Perform other activities as required by the Head of the Finance Department;
- Liaise with other departments, notably in the area of Administration, to ensure the execution of related corporate tasks, such as planning, reporting, administration, financial & budget management, risk management.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Appropriate professional experience of at least three years after having obtained the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland or Norway
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
this job offer is not open for applications