The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is an operational EU Agency that provides safe and secure European satellite navigation services, promotes the commercialization of Galileo, EGNOS, and Copernicus data and services. It also coordinates the EU’s forthcoming governmental satellite communications programme GOVSATCOM. EUSPA is also responsible for the security accreditation of all the Components of the EU Space Programme. For more information on the EUSPA and the EU Space Programme, click here.
The current vacancy is for an opportunity in the Galileo Exploitation Programme Department which, in coordination with other departments of the Agency, ensures the continuous provision of the services provided by Galileo. The department develops new Galileo services enabling new applications and ensures the proper management, operation, maintenance, continuous improvement, evolution and protection of the space-based and ground-based infrastructure. It also manages the consistency between technical, planning, financial and risk aspects of all the Galileo exploitation activities and elaborates and maintains the Galileo Exploitation Plans.
The position will be situated at the Agency’s headquarters in the heart of Europe – Prague – with excellent connection to numerous major European cities. The capital of the Czech Republic, in the banks of the Vltava River, is famous for its cultural life, renowned musical life, historic buildings, magical bridges, and recognized museums and monuments.
Qualifications We Are Looking For
The Galileo Service Manager will actively contribute to the fulfilment of the Agency’s responsibilities related to the definition, design, implementation, supervision, development and evolutions of the Galileo services, for the portfolio under his/her responsibility. The Galileo Service Manager will be part of a team of Service Managers that together cover the complete set of Galileo services portfolio that are being delivered, are in development, or are under definition.
The Service Manager will have the following tasks and responsibilities (non-exhaustive list):
Service Coordination and Reporting:
- Manage the interface with the service stakeholders, notably European Commission (EC), European Space Agency (ESA), Member States (e.g. through WG-EE, Expert Group) and contributes to international bodies;
- Prepare high-level service reports and presentations for external and internal stakeholders (e.g. EUSPA Admin Board, SPC-GEC, conferences, Member States);
- Coordinate high-level communications on the service status and plans.
- Lead the Service and Operational Concept Definition and Service Design activities, and support the related procurements and projects carried out by the Agency or by stakeholders (including review of technical assessments, feasibility analyses, studies and demonstrations).
- Prepare service documentation such as Service Concepts and Service Implementation Plans and coordinate and maintain the Service Roadmaps;
- Follow up on the infrastructure and operations activities necessary for the service implementation (e.g. development, deployment, verification and validation), in close coordination with teams across the Agency, and with industrial contractors and stakeholders;
- Coordinate the contributions to, and reviews of, service documentation (including Service Requirements, Service Definition Document, Performance, User and Signal Requirements and Interfaces);
- Define the service validation approach, the resources required to perform it, and the schedule of activities leading to a successful Service Validation Review. Coordinate with other departments the management and conduct of the planned service validation activities;
- Define the service Minimum Performance Levels and related service level commitments, and prepare the documentation necessary for the formal service declaration;
- Develop and maintain user segment standard requirements, design guidelines and operating concepts.
- Monitor the as-delivered service performance and make recommendations on improvements where necessary;
- Manage the Service Exploitation Reviews and actively follow up on the closure of major Anomaly Reports/Non-Conformance Reports and service incidents.
The Service Manager will coordinate the work of both staff and industrial contractors in support of the above activities and will liaise with other EUSPA departments as needed, in particular with administration to ensure the execution of related corporate tasks, such as planning, reporting, administration, financial & budget management, procurement, risk management.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least nine years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland or Norway.
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
this job offer is not open for applications