The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is an operational EU Agency that provides safe and secure European satellite navigation services, promotes the commercialisation of Galileo, EGNOS, and Copernicus data and services. It also coordinates the EU’s forthcoming governmental satellite communications programme GOVSATCOM. EUSPA is also responsible for the security accreditation of all the Components of the EU Space Programme.
The Service, System and Security Engineering Department ensures the Agency’s technical leadership on all matters related to system infrastructure, service and security engineering, through the establishment of an Engineering Centre of Competence acting as internal provider of tasks and results to programme exploitation, market downstream and innovation, security operations and monitoring, security authority and ICT and Facility Management as required.
The Department provides the above-mentioned competencies and capabilities transversally to the Agency when so required.
The current vacancy is for a position situated at the Agency’s headquarters in the heart of Europe – Prague – with excellent connection to numerous major European cities. The capital of the Czech Republic, in the banks of the Vltava River, is famous for its cultural life, renowned musical life, historic buildings, magical bridges, and recognised museums and monuments.
Qualifications We Are Looking For
The Head of Department Service, System-infrastructure and Security Engineering will ensure the Agency’s managerial and technical leadership on all matters related to service, system - infrastructure, and security engineering. He / She will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will have in principle the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and guidance to all team members of the department, promoting excellence, team work, ownership and responsibility within the team and across the Agency;
- Create and implement a vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures at department-level to ensure the Agency’s objectives and operational needs are met;
- Develop and ensure that the expertise and know-how necessary for the Agency to fulfil its mission is available inside the department; foster the creation synergies across activities for different programmes;
- Provide technical competencies to other departments and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Provide expert technical advice to the Agency's executive management and contribute to the management of the Agency as required;
- Ensure coherency of engineering methodologies and best practices through all components of the EU Space Programme under the responsibility of EUSPA;
- Oversee the development of creative and innovative engineering processes;
- Liaise with other departments, notably in the area of Administration, to ensure the execution of related corporate tasks, such as planning, reporting, administration, financial & budget management, risk management.
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experienceof at least fifteen years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland or Norway
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
this job offer is not open for applications