The current vacancy is for an opportunity in the Service, System & Security Engineering Department which has the mission to ensure the Agency’s technical leadership on all matters related to system infrastructure, service and security engineering. This is ensured, among other things, through the establishment of an Engineering Centre of Competence acting as internal provider of tasks and results not only to the various space programmes (EGNOS, Galileo, Secured Communications) but also to the market downstream and innovation activities, security operations and monitoring, security authority and ICT and Facility Management as required.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a proactive engineer with a solid background in telecommunications, to build the next European space-based secured communications service. The EU GOVSATCOM initiative, which has been launched by the European Commission as part of the EU Space Programme, will ensure the long-term availability of reliable, secure and cost-effective governmental satellite communications services for EU and national public authorities managing security critical missions and infrastructures. GOVSATCOM is a key part of an ambitious plan for implementing an EU space-based secure communication system, and we are expanding the team that will make it a reality.
The jobholder will be entrusted with the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Analyse and understand user needs collected from studies and consultations with stakeholders;
- Translate user needs into mission, service and system requirements;
- Allocate requirements into high level architectural elements and operations;
- Specify, procure and follow up on contracts for implementation of infrastructure;
- Coordinate the work of contractors supporting the above activities;
- Contribute to internal reporting, and reporting to stakeholders on the status and progress of the activities;
- Liaise with other EUSPA departments as needed in relation to the tasks above;
- Contribute to any other tasks of the Department, as necessary.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least six years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland or Norway
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post