Purpose of the role
The ACP team develops and implements technical assistance projects in the regions of Africa, the Caribbean and Pacific. The team is very dynamic, collaborative and place where you will always find an element of surprise. Under the supervision of the Team (SPM, PM and JPM), the Project Assistant (PA) will be responsible for conducting activities related to the ongoing support of the department. As PA, you will support the department in operational and administrative tasks related to acquisition and management of projects while displaying a proactive attitude and commitment.
- You will provide support to ongoing projects (mobilisation of short-term expertise, monitoring activities, reporting etc.);
- You will response to standard problems in accordance with procedures and documents and flag any potential issue with the onsite project team;
- You will take care of administrative, logistical and financial tasks (e.g. audits, local accounts, time sheet revisions, booking of flights etc.).
- You will identify new opportunities using specific databases;
- You will support the team in preparing technical offers (identify experts, technical and administrative aspects, etc);
- You will conduct desk research to support business development.
- You will contribute to B&S working groups and cross-cutting activities;
- You will participate in GOPA Group related activities.
Desired competencies and experience
- You are a recent graduate in International Relations, Development Studies, Law, Economics or relevant disciplines;
- Previous experience in Project Management Cycle is an asset;
- You have a strong interest in cooperation and development field, in particular in governance, security and justice sectors;
- You have a genuine interest in B&S Europe’s mission and recognise yourself in our values: honesty, empathy, professionalism and dynamism;
- You have excellent communication skills in English and French, both written and verbal;
- You are very “hands-on” and you enjoy multitasking;
- You are computer-literate and you master the MS office suit;
- You are attentive to detail and enjoy working with numbers;
- You enjoy working with a variety of stakeholders from different backgrounds;
- You are a proactive problem solver with a service oriented approach and a can-do attitude;
- Above all, you are a true team player with a friendly and open personality.
What we offer
- A 6-months “contrat d’immersion professionnelle”, remunerated 970€ net per month and a monthly transportation allowance
- A great professional environment nurturing personal growth and development;
- Flexible working hour’s possibility of remote work upon approval of manager.
- The opportunity to work in a truly diverse and multicultural organisation helping to make the world a better place.
How to apply