Purpose of the role
As Event Coordinator, you will be responsible to implement events worldwide from the event development (content, budget, logistics and contracting) – to its delivery on site (team management, relations with clients and donors, and overall management). You will be responsible for all phases of the event organisation contracts, from initiation to closure, controlling risk and minimising uncertainties; and you will contribute to the event management aspects of our other communication/public diplomacy contracts.
You will manage events from our headquarters in Brussels, and you will have the opportunity work to travel to many countries where B&S Europe is organising events.
- You will coordinate event organisation tenders; identify new event opportunities and develop a network of event partners;
- You will contribute to event related aspects of other bid processes in the field of Outreach & Communication;
- You will manage and expand our network of experts, clients and partners;
- You will build and maintain a positive image of B&S Europe with key partners & stakeholders.
- You will have overall responsibility of events’ logistic including travels, accommodation, venue selection/preparation, speaker mobilisation, supplier management etc.
- You will manage both technical and financial aspects of event organisation contracts including liaison with clients;
- You will oversee and coordinate the expert team work, the quality of the results and the financial aspects of projects (responsibility for monitoring financial aspects);
- You will make sure that all projects are compliant with internal and external procedures and ready for auditing.
- You will actively participate in B&S working groups (regional, technical and thematic) in view of building internal best practices and know-how;
- You will help train and grow more junior staff members.
Desired competencies and experience
- You have a university degree in a related field;
- You have 3 to5 years’ experience in the field of event management;
- You have proven experience in managing event organisation contracts with the overall responsibility of all technical and financial aspects;
- You have proven experience of managing teams of event managers and liaising with suppliers;
- You have a good understanding of communication related sectors and sound knowledge of documents such as: EU PRAG and other donors’ funding procedures; and Communication and Visibility Requirements for EU External Actions;
- You have a good understanding of Hybrid/Online event management, and you can offer outside the box ideas;
- You are following the latest trends in the sector;
- You have the ability to think outside the box and come up with proactive suggestions to your colleagues and our clients;
- You are committed to organise sustainable/green events and knowledgeable about good practices;
- You are committed to evaluate doing a thorough follow-up work for our events;
- You have good reporting skills and experienced in preparation of event reports/technical reports/expenditure reports;
- You have a genuine interest in B&S Europe’s mission and recognise yourself in our values: honesty, empathy, professionalism and dynamism;
- You enjoy building and nurturing strong working relationships over time with a variety of stakeholders;
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal; other languages (French and Spanish) will be considered as an asset;
- You are computer-literate and you master the MS office suit;
- You pride yourself in delivering high quality results within sometimes difficult timeframes;
- You are very “hands-on” and you are comfortable juggling priorities;
- You are a proactive problem solver with a can-do attitude;
- You are willing to travel 10-30% of your time;
- Above all, you are a true team player with a friendly, open personality and a sense of humour.
What we offer
- A permanent contract with great benefits;
- Flexible working hours with 2 days of remote working per week;
- Opportunities to work as an expert within our contracts;
- A great place to work and learn with a team of highly motivated professionals;
- The opportunity to work in a truly diverse and multicultural organisation helping to make the world a better place.
- A permanent contract with great benefits;
This position is located in Brussels.
How to apply