Purpose of the role
As Project Manager, you are responsible for managing strategic bids and projects in Outreach, Public Diplomacy, Communication and Events. You are responsible for all phases of the projects, from initiation to closure, controlling risk and minimising uncertainties. You will manage projects related to outreach & communication in several regions/countries (such as Caucasus Region, China, Central Asia, Southeast Asia, Far East) and support the development of projects in the mentioned regions/countries.
- You will screen and identify new business opportunities in line with the team goals and objectives;
- You will participate in the development of new projects (including fact finding mission, proposal writing, partnership set up and experts’ selections);
- You will support the team in other bid management processes;
- You will manage and expand our network of experts, clients and partners;
- You will build and maintain a positive image of B&S Europe with key partners & stakeholders.
- You will ensure successful implementation of project results;
- You will provide backstopping in the field and remotely;
- You will ensure optimal organisation of the expert team work, high quality results while meeting financial targets ;
- You will ensure client relations, represent B&S on the field and contribute to its excellent reputation.
- You will actively participate in B&S working groups (regional, technical and thematic) in view of building internal best practices and know-how;
- You will help train and grow more junior staff members.
Desired competencies and experience
- You have a university degree in a related field;
- You have 3-5 years’ experience in Project Management in the field of communication, public diplomacy, outreach;
- You have a good understanding of Public Diplomacy/Communication related sectors and EU strategic documents as well as proven knowledge of
- EU cooperation policies and instruments such as FPI, IPA, ENI
- EU PRAG and other donors’ funding procedures
- You have a genuine interest in B&S Europe’s mission and recognise yourself in our values: honesty, empathy, professionalism and dynamism;
- You enjoy building and nurturing strong working relationships over time with a variety of stakeholders;
- You have excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal; other languages (French, Chinese, Russian) will be considered as an asset
- You are computer-literate and you master the MS office suit;
- You pride yourself in delivering high quality results within sometimes difficult timeframes;
- You are very “hands-on” and you are comfortable juggling priorities;
- You are a proactive problem solver with a can-do attitude;
- You are willing to travel 10-20% of your time;
- Above all, you are a true team player with a friendly, open personality and a sense of humour.
What we offer
- A permanent contract with benefits;
- Flexible working hours with 2 days of remote working per week;
- Opportunities to work as an expert within our contracts;
- A great place to work with a team of highly motivated professionals;
- The opportunity to work in a truly diverse and multicultural organisation helping to make the world a better place.
This position is based in Brussels but the location can be flexible, depending on the candidate.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to recruitment@BSEurope.com mentioning “Project Manager Outreach & Events” in the subject field.