Purpose of the role
As Senior Project Manager, you are responsible for implementing and supervising security projects worldwide involving organisational reform, capacity building, strategic framework and policy design. You are responsible for all phases of the projects guaranteeing sustainability and impact of our project results. You will lead the Security Sector Reform team (SSR) and report to the Managing Director in charge of Security Sector Reform.
- You will develop B&S projects in SSR worldwide and identify new opportunities, including all project cycle management (from designing, implementing, monitoring to evaluating projects);
- You will develop donors’ relations, analysing priorities and initiatives and, project reporting;
- You will lead and support the elaboration of project documentation including reports, brochure, proposals, analytical reports etc…
- You will support the team in other project development processes;
- You will manage and expand our network of experts, clients and partners.
- You will ensure successful management and closure of ongoing SSR projects;
- You will organise field monitoring missions to meet with project teams and monitor project results;
- You will aim to achieve optimal organisation of the expert team work with high quality results while meeting financial targets;
Management & internal activities
- You will lead & manage the SSR team;
- You will actively participate in B&S working groups (regional, technical and thematic) in view of building internal best practices and know-how;
- You will dedicate time to train and grow more junior staff members.
Desired competencies and experience
- University degree in a related field;
- You have 5-7 years’ experience in SSR mainly under EU financing (Service Tender preparation will be a highly valued asset);
- You have a genuine interest in B&S Europe’s mission and recognise yourself in our values: honesty, empathy, professionalism and dynamism;
- You are passionate about SSR in all its aspects;
- You have business insight and you applying your knowledge of the SSR marketplace to advance on your team goals;
- You enjoy building and nurturing strong working relationships over time with diverse groups of stakeholders;
- You are a true leader, able to paint a compelling picture of the strategy that motivates others to action;
- You are confident to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said;
- You pride yourself in delivering high quality results within sometimes difficult timeframes;
- You are very “hands-on” and you are able to plan & prioritise to meet commitments;
- You are a proactive problem solver, able to operate effectively even when the way forward is not clear;
- You have excellent communication skills in French and English, both written and verbal; Arabic is an asset but not mandatory;
- You are computer-literate and you master the MS office suit;
- You are willing to travel 10-15% of your time;
- Above all, you are a true team player with a friendly, open personality and a sense of humour.
What we offer
- A permanent contract with competitive benefits;
- Flexible working hours with 2 days of remote working per week;
- A great place to work with a team of highly motivated professionals;
- The opportunity to work in a truly diverse and multicultural organisation.
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to recruitment@BSEurope.com mentioning “Senior Project Manager – Security Sector Reform” in the subject field.