Purpose of the role
As Senior Project Manager, you are responsible for identifying new business opportunities and implementing projects in the areas of Civil Society. You will coach and coordinate a team of Junior Project Managers and Project Assistants and you will report to the Area Director in charge of Civil Society and Justice.
Business Development/Project acquisition
- Through field missions, you will identify business opportunities by building a strong network of experts, clients and partners active in Civil Society;
- You will participate in the development of new projects (including fact finding missions, proposal writing, partnership set up and experts’ selections);
- You will coordinate bid management processes;
- You will represent B&S on the field and contribute to our excellent reputation by delivering a high quality work.
- You will ensure successful implementation of projects under your supervision;
- You will ensure optimal organisation of the team work (junior project managers and experts), high quality results while meeting financial targets;
- You will participate in projects and/or framework contracts as a technical expert;
- You will actively participate in B&S working groups in view of building internal know-how;
- You will help train and grow more junior staff members.
Desired competencies and experience
- First and foremost, you have a true passion for Civil Society;
- You have a genuine interest in B&S Europe’s mission and recognise yourself in our values: honesty, empathy, professionalism and dynamism;
- You have an existing network in Civil Society;
- You hold a university degree in a related field (such as Politics, Cooperation Studies, Law, International Relations);
- You have at least 6 years’ experience in Business Development and Project Acquisition with ideally a minimum of 3 years in Project Implementation;
- You have a good understanding of EU and International Cooperation strategic orientation;
- You are a “people person” who enjoys building strong working relationships over time with a variety of stakeholders;
- You have a strong track record in business development and acquisition;
- You have excellent communication skills in English and French, both written and verbal, Spanish language will be considered as an advantage;
- You consider yourself to be a true team player and you enjoy coaching others;
- You are very “hands-on” and you are comfortable juggling priorities;
- You are a proactive problem solver with strong project management skills;
- Knowledge of the PRAG would be an asset;
- You are willing to travel 30% of your time;
- Above all, you are a true team player with a friendly and open personality.
What we offer
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to recruitment@BSEurope.com mentioning “Senior Project Manager Civil Society” in the subject field. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.