The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is an operational EU Agency that brings together colleagues from a broad array of different backgrounds and expertise all contributing to one of the most important and ambitious projects ever undertaken by the EU. We are committed to implement the EU Space Programme and turn the EU space ambitions into a reality.
The current vacancy is for an opportunity in the Galileo Exploitation Programme Department which, in coordination with other departments of the Agency, ensures the continuous provision of the services provided by Galileo. The department develops new Galileo services enabling new applications and ensures the proper management, operation, maintenance, continuous improvement, evolution and protection of the space-based and ground-based infrastructure. It also manages the consistency between technical, planning, financial and risk aspects of all the Galileo exploitation activities and elaborates and maintains the Galileo Exploitation Plans.
ABOUT THE JOB
The agency is looking for a Ground System Service Provision Engineer who will be involved in the management and monitoring of the Galileo system and associated operations activities related to the exploitation and Service Provision of the Galileo system managed by the Agency.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The tasks and responsibilities will in principle include (without limitation) and subject to adjustment by the reporting line manager:
- Contribute to the technical management of the Galileo operations and operational contracts managed by the Agency, in the area of Ground Segment operations;
- Support the monitoring of operations activities, such as real time service operations and the operational validation activities, in relation to Ground Segment. As well as, assessing the readiness of operational products, processes and Ground Segment infrastructure for entry into operations;
- Participate and represent the EUSPA in operations related boards, such as Anomaly Review Boards and Configurations Control boards and Non- Conformance boards;
- Evaluate operations improvement proposals, as well as provide assessments of its impact on infrastructure, operations and service provision;
- Review the operations-related plans, procedures and reports, identify and monitor deviations, and impact on other activities;
- Contribute to the strategic and operational planning processes;
- Prepare for and participate in project reviews/meetings;
- Review regular and ad hoc reports produced by operations contractors on all topics related to operations;
- Prepare, review and assess changes to the operational contractual and technical baseline and the operations improvements proposals;
- Ensure that EUSPA’s operational needs and requirements (e.g. for improvements or modifications to the operational system) are properly implemented;
- Maintain an efficient and trusting relationship with project stakeholders, within EUSPA and with the relevant subcontractors;
- Support the Galileo Real-Time Operations Manager for any topics related to Galileo Operational Infrastructure;
- Contribute to other tasks of the Galileo Exploitation Programme Management Department as necessary.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least six years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland or Norway
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
Professional experience and expertise
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics or other exact sciences);
- Proven experience in the coordination and/or execution of satellite constellation operations, ground or mission segment operations within complex technical programmes;
- Experience in the geographically distributed System and/or Operational activities;
- Experience in Service Provision, monitored through Key Performance Indicators;
- Experience on definition and management of operational processes within complex or critical systems;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work autonomously and to deliver accurate work under pressure, organise workload and prioritise tasks;
- Ability to work with others within a team as well as with stakeholders;
- Service-oriented mind-set.
In order to consider your application valid, you are required to log in and submit application through the Agency e-recruitment portal https://www.euspa.europa.eu/euspa/careers
A full job description and further information on the application procedure can be found here: Ground System Service Provision Engineer - EUSPA Job Opportunities (europa.eu)