The European Union Agency for the Space Programme (EUSPA) is an operational EU Agency that brings together colleagues from a broad array of different backgrounds and expertise all contributing to one of the most important and ambitious projects ever undertaken by the EU. We are committed to implement the EU Space Programme and turn the EU space ambitions into a reality.
The current vacancy is for an opportunity in the the Project Management Office and Quality (PMQ) Department which is responsible for the implementation of various independent functions in support to the other EUSPA departments such as project management and control management, cost engineering, product assurance as well as configuration and documentation management.
ABOUT THE JOB
The agency is looking for a Project Product / Software Assurance and RAMS (reliability, availability, maintainability and safety) Officer to join the PMQ Department where he/she will ensure the implementation of the Product / Software Assurance and RAMS activities required for the development and the delivery of European Space Services, including the procurement and approval of the underlying infrastructure.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The jobholder will have the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Establish, implement and continuously improve the Agency’s Product Assurance (PA)/RAMS organisation, which can encompass the definition of specifications made applicable to activities subcontracted or delegated by the Agency;
- Define, implement and follow-up dependability, reliability and availability programme, including maintenance and update of RAMS models and Review of RAMS analysis (e.g. Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Common Mode and Common cause);
- Ensure business continuity of the PA & RAMS organisation support;
- Control that the organisation, resources and planning are commensurate to the Service Level Agreement committed by internal and external stakeholders involved in the Infrastructure Procurement Processes and Service Provision delivery, in particular ILS KPIs (e.g. Turn Around Time, Time to React);
- Ensure the maintenance and control of: Qualification Status Lists, Status of PA reviews, Audits Status Reports, List of Deviations and Waiver requests, Non-conformances (minor and major) list, Critical items list;
- Liaise with other members of the Agency, as well as with external partners such as the European Commission, the European Space Agency or the European Aviation Safety Agency.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Appropriate professional experience of at least three years after having obtained the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, Iceland or Norway
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
Professional experience and expertise
- Experience in Product Assurance and RAMS activities;
- Experience in the management of a Product Assurance organisation;
- Experience in preparing reports from a variety of data sources and capability to derive meaningful summary analysis;
- Knowledge of certification and/or standardisation processes for safety of life critical systems;
- Experience in System and/or Software engineering;
- Knowledge (by training or experience) of management and/or quality frameworks and standards (ECSS, ISO, ITIL) in high-tech industry;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to deliver quality results under pressure, organise workload and prioritise tasks;
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to work well with others and focus on stakeholder needs;
- Sense of confidentiality and professional integrity.
In order to consider your application valid, you are required to log in and submit application through the Agency e-recruitment portal https://www.euspa.europa.eu/euspa/careers
A full job description and further information on the application procedure can be found here: Project Product / Software Assurance and RAMS Officer - EUSPA Job Opportunities (europa.eu)
this job offer is not open for applications