ABOUT THE JOB
EUSPA is looking to recruit a Copernicus Market and Innovation Officer who will be responsible for developing new markets for Copernicus earth observation data and products. She/he will take care of vertical market segments in one of the following areas: sustainable/smart mobility, insurance & finance and/or emergency/climate crisis management, as well as be part of transversal agile teams in the department, supporting other market experts in the introduction of Copernicus. The Copernicus Market and Innovation Officer will manage research and innovation, as well as pilot projects focusing not only on Copernicus but also on other Space Programme components such as EGNSS and GOVSATCOM/secure connectivity.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Focus on the assigned market segment(s), analyse the market and the user/operational needs and identify how the needs can be met by earth observation (focusing on Copernicus) in synergy with navigation (focusing on European GNSS) and satellite communication (focusing on GOVSATCOM/secure connectivity);
- Provide inputs to the market and technology monitoring processes;
- Design and implement roadmaps for Copernicus uptake in the assigned market segment(s), build and manage the network of users, including the organisation of the User Consultation Platform;
- Ensure an in-depth technical understanding of how the Copernicus services, products and data can be translated in end-to-end solutions, and how these end-to-end solutions can be integrated in synergy with the EGNSS and GOVSATCOM/secure connectivity services;
- Help business and commercial users to understand how Copernicus based solutions (in synergy with EGNSS and GOVSATCOM/secure connectivity) will enable them to achieve their strategic and financial goals;
- Support prospective users to justify their investment via testing, pilots, Cost Benefit Analyses (CBAs), etc.;
- Develop innovative business cases and financial models aiming at acceleration of the Copernicus uptake in new markets;
- Support and provide expertise as part of transversal agile teams to other market experts;
- Manage research and innovation downstream projects in the field of innovative applications and user technology, leveraging them to foster the Copernicus uptake.
Furthermore, the Copernicus Market and Innovation Officer will contribute to other tasks of the Department as deemed necessary and to the overall Agency processes such as quality management and reporting.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Appropriate professional experience of at least three years after having obtained the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, Norway or Iceland
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria will be assessed only for candidates who meet the all essential criteria. The advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- University degree in Economics/Business/Finance/Information Technology or in Engineering. Another degree can be accepted, if accompanied by a subsequent MBA or relevant specialisation;
- Experience in working with innovation projects in the area of satellite imagery, earth observation and data management/artificial intelligence applications;
- Experience in technical development or business development of products/solutions in at least one of the following areas: Sustainable/Smart Mobility, Insurance & Finance and/or Emergency/Climate crisis management;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of Copernicus and/or EGNSS, their potential markets, technology or applications;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Creativity, adaptability and proactive attitude;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
In order to consider your application valid, you are required to log in and submit application through the Agency e-recruitment portal https://www.euspa.europa.eu/euspa/careers
A full job description and further information on the application procedure can be found here: https://vacancies.gsa.europa.eu/Jobs/VacancyDetails/1567