ABOUT THE JOB
EUSPA is looking to recruit an ICT System Management Specialist who will support the different teams of the ICT&FML Department.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The jobholder will report to the Head of Department or Deputy Head of Department and will have the following main tasks and responsibilities:
- Management of EUSPA infrastructure and information systems lifecycle;
- Management of integration process of EUSPA infrastructure and software development projects;
- Administration of EUSPA ICT systems on advanced level (up to level of SECRET EU);
- Ensure the optimal performance, availability, maintenance and reliability of all EUSPA systems;
- Ensure the maintenance, development and provision of the system documentation, as well as the continuous development and improvement of these;
- Participate in hand over activities of newly procured or developed software or system to production environment;
- Ensure 2nd and 3rd level support for business customers;
- Create reports on regular basis or on demand;
- Participate in selection and evaluation of external specialists and sub-contractors if needed;
- Keep abreast of the latest ICT infrastructure technologies in order to actively contribute to the continues ICT infrastructure modernisation;
- Manage a portfolio of contracts, prepare and review EUSPA specific contracts and purchase orders;
- Liaise with other departments as well as with external partners as needed;
- Support the Agency’s management as needed and take on additional tasks as required in the interest of the service.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to:
post-secondary education attested by a diploma,
secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of at least three years
- Appropriate professional experience of at least nine years after having obtained the required level of education specified above
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, Norway or Iceland
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria will be assessed only for candidates who meet the all essential criteria. The advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- Experience in management of ICT systems, including the management of the system/service lifecycle (at least 9 years of professional experience);
- Experience in management of ICT systems for processing classified information;
- Experience with Microsoft platforms;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Knowledge by training or experience of detailed practices for ICT service and asset management;
- Knowledge of information system accreditation process and supporting documentation;
- Experience in working in international environment;
- Experience in public procurement and contract management;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to deliver accurate work under pressure, organise workload and prioritise tasks.
In order to consider your application valid, you are required to log in and submit application through the Agency e-recruitment portal https://www.euspa.europa.eu/euspa/careers
A full job description and further information on the application procedure can be found here: https://vacancies.gsa.europa.eu/Jobs/VacancyDetails/1571