ABOUT THE JOB
EUSPA is looking to recruit a Financial Specialist who will be responsible for processing financial transactions, financial reporting and assisting with internal and external audits.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining financial databases;
- Producing and distributing the required financial reports, maintaining proper archives, records and databases;
- Processing financial transactions including the implementation of commitments, payments and recovery of amounts;
- Providing input to internal and external audits and the implementation of relevant findings and observations;
- Performing financial viability checks for external parties bidding in the Agency’s procurement and grant procedures;
- Contributing to the elaboration of procedures, reports and tools for improving financial management processes;
- Assisting and coaching EUSPA staff on financial procedures;
- Acting as Financial Initiating Agent/Financial Verifying Agent and backing up Financial Officers;
- Other activities as required by the Head of the Finance Department.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to:
post-secondary education attested by a diploma,
secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of at least three years
- Appropriate professional experience of at least nine years after having obtained the required level of education specified above
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union, Norway or Iceland
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as a citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria will be assessed only for candidates who meet the all essential criteria. The advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- Very good experience relevant to the job tasks, in particular financial reporting and handling financial transactions;
- Ability to analyse and summarize financial information;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Very good knowledge (by training or experience) of the Financial Regulation;
- Experience in the use of the EU financial management tools ABAC and/or Compass;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Sense of responsibility, accountability and attention to detail;
- Ability to deliver accurate work under pressure and tight deadlines, organise workload and prioritise tasks.
In order to consider your application valid, you are required to log in and submit application through the Agency e-recruitment portal https://www.euspa.europa.eu/euspa/careers
A full job description and further information on the application procedure can be found here: https://vacancies.gsa.europa.eu/Jobs/VacancyDetails/1570