B&S Europe, BUSINESS & STRATEGIES IN EUROPE S.A., is an international consulting firm based in Brussels since 1991 and member of the GOPA group. Our company provides advice for technical assistance projects in developing and transition countries, particularly to Public and Governmental Institutions. Our main fields of expertise are Institutional Reform and Capacity Building, in areas such as Justice and Home Affairs, Regional and Local Development and Security and Good Governance (including support to civil society, elections, democracy, decentralization processes, etc.).
B&S Europe has managed projects in more than 100 countries worldwide and has a long standing involvement with clients including international donor agencies, particularly with the European Commission, National Governments and their agencies.
B&S has also permanent offices in Brussels, Beirut, Pristina and Bucharest representative offices in more than 10 countries. The company employs more than 40 full time staff and relies on a trustworthy and well experienced network of in-house and external experts to carry out the implementation of projects.
Our mission is to contribute to the economic and social development of third and transition countries both by providing international high quality consulting advice and working closely with local expertise to better tackle local problems and existent needs.
In B&S Europe we're always looking for external talent who can support the Outreach and Events Department in the implementation of successful events worldwide.
If you are interested in working with us as a freelance expert, please have a look to the positions we offer below.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter through our online application https://www.bseurope.com/our-offices under the heading “FREELANCE Junior Event Coordinator– Events department application”. Candidates acknowledge that they accept the personal data protection Policy as published in B&S Europe website. Any application received by email will not be processed. Due to high number of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.
Qualifications and Skills
· Proven experience in international contract management (preferably EU framework contracts), including sourcing of short-term experts, contracting services, invoicing etc
· Fluent in English and another EU language
· Proven experience in organization of events.
· High level of flexibility to accommodate last minute requests
· Good social skills
· Good communication skills
· Ability to do trouble shooting in an effective way
· Capacity to work within a team;
· Proven organizational skills; capacity to communicate on processes
· Knowledge about budget management dedicated to the organization of events
General Professional experience
· At least 3 years of professional experience related to organising events at international level in a multicultural environment.
· Experience relating with EU institutions or international organisations
· Good understanding of EU development policy is an asset
· At least 3 years of experience in conference organizing events and/or project management.