The Agency is looking for a Service Provision Engineer who will be involved in the operations of the Galileo system, and in particular in the transition of the First Generation (G1G) to the Second Generation (G2G) System. He/she will be integrated in the Galileo Services Department and report to the Galileo Service Provision Manager. Such hierarchical reporting may change if necessary in line with the developments of the GSA and department’s organisation.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Service Provision Engineer's tasks and responsibilities will in principle include (without limitation) and subject to adjustment by his/her reporting line manager:
- Contribute to the technical management of the Galileo operations contracts managed by the Agency, in the area of Operations (Ground and Space Segments) and Galileo Service Provision;
- Support the service provision in the transition between the G1G and of the G2G infrastructure, identifying the main operations/service drivers and constraints;
- Ensure continuity of the legacy services while guaranteeing smooth transition in operations products/tools/processes, which are mandatory to ensure a seamless service delivery;
- Analyse, define and implement the Galileo G1G to G2G transition exploitation concept;
- Represent the Agency in Project Reviews ensuring that the Agency’s needs and requirements (e.g. for improvements or modifications to the operational system) are properly implemented;
- Contribute to the operations coordination activities, such as follow-up of the performance of routine or special operations, follow up of operational validation activities in relation to Ground or Space Segment;
- Review the operations-related plans, procedures and reports, identifying and monitoring deviations and impact on other activities;
- Evaluate operations improvement proposals, providing an assessment of its impact on infrastructure, operations and service provision;
- Contribute to the strategic and operational planning processes;
- Prepare, review and assess changes to the operational contractual (and technical) baseline and the operations improvements proposals;
- Maintain an efficient and trusting relationship with project stakeholders, within the Agency and with the relevant subcontractors;
- Support the Galileo Service Provision Manager for any topics related to Galileo operations;
- Contribute to other tasks of the Galileo Services Department as necessary.
The position is located at the Agency’s headquarters in Prague (Czech Republic) and may imply travelling to other locations in Europe.
Qualifications We Are Looking For
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least six years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- University degree in the exact sciences, such as engineering, physics, mathematics or computer science;
- Proven experience relevant to the tasks described above;
- Technical experience and/or background in operations of complex or critical systems;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Experience in space programme(s) and/or knowledge of navigation, earth observation or telecommunication programmes;
- Experience in the technical definition and/or development and/or implementation and/or exploitation in space programmes;
- Experience in definition and management of operational processes within complex or critical systems;
- Communication and negotiation skills with ability to be concise on complex subjects;
- Solution-oriented mind-set and collaborative attitude;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks.
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the GSA e-recruitment portal https://www.gsa.europa.eu/gsa/jobs-opportunities
Please submit your application, via the e-recruitment portal, by 10/06/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
this job offer is not open for applications