The Agency is looking to recruit a Space Downstream Entrepreneurship Officer who will design and implement actions of a new entrepreneurship initiative targeting EU start-ups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) across all space programme components. He/she will also be responsible of implementing the related budget.
For more information about the Agency and the European satellite navigation programmes, click here.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Identify opportunities and barriers to the space data use at start-up level, and develop tools for application developers which could overcome such barriers;
- Contribute to matchmaking of start-ups and new ventures with large potential customers in the private and public sector, providing first opportunities for the innovations to be deployed in a commercial set up;
- Analyse the access to finance opportunities for start-ups and design a specific network of financing actors (e.g. network of Venture Capitalists) focused on the EU space downstream applications, leveraging private and public financial instruments, including EU initiatives;
- Implement an acceleration program targeting the generation of new innovative solutions and business models, and the creation of new start-ups leveraging space data;
- Implement the future entrepreneurship strategy for EUSPA, defining clear scope and milestones of the start-ups’ support on an annual basis, as well as metrics for monitoring the results;
- Coordinating hackathons and calls for innovation prizes and other actions related to the ideation phase, building awareness of the EU Space programs among innovators and entrepreneurs;
- Manage a mentoring program, matchmaking investors with industrial partnerships, including the coordination of private investors, targeting the scale up of SMEs and start-ups.
Furthermore, the Space Downstream Entrepreneurship Officer will contribute to other tasks of the Department as deemed necessary and to the overall Agency processes such as quality management and reporting.
Qualifications We Are Looking For
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Appropriate professional experience of at least three years after having obtained the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union or Norway
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- University degree in Economics / Business/ Finance/ Information Technology or in Engineering. Another degree can be accepted, if accompanied by a subsequent MBA or relevant specialisation;
- Experience in working in the start-up ecosystem (e.g. either creating a start-up or engaged in supporting start-ups in their market entry);
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Experience in business development/commercialisation of technological products/solutions;
- Knowledge (by training or experience) of the start-up development cycle and related methodologies;
- Knowledge (by training or experience) of the high-tech industry (e.g. information technology, artificial intelligence, quantum, biotech, new space);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Creativity, adaptability and proactive attitude;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the GSA e-recruitment portal https://www.gsa.europa.eu/gsa/jobs-opportunities
Please submit your application, via the e-recruitment portal, by 18/05/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
this job offer is not open for applications