The Agency is looking for a Project Control Officer to join the Project Control Department where he/she will support the project control aspects of the programmatic and core tasks entrusted to the Agency in close cooperation with the other Agency’s departments engaged in the respective projects.
For more information on the GSA and the European satellite navigation programmes, click here.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The jobholder will have the following tasks and responsibilities (or relevant subset):
- Implement the project control processes;
- Maintain and further develop the project control processes, practices and tools required to properly manage the space programmes and internal GSA projects budget, schedule, risks, assets and documentation;
- Develop and implement appropriate project control metrics as contractual provisions applicable to externalised activities, including participation in tender preparations and evaluations;
- Ensure the development and submission of periodic programme reporting, the organisation of associated space programme and GSA reviews and meetings;
- Manage the space programme assets inventory in close cooperation with the European Commission;
- Prepare communication and report to the European Commission and Member States on the GSA programmes, such as such as GNSS and GOVSATCOM, and GSA plans and status;
- Depending on the Agency’s needs, the jobholder could be entrusted to manage particular programme components;
- Provide support to the Head of Department for additional tasks as required.
The post may require ad-hoc or regular travels to European Commission offices in Brussels and/or other location where GSA has offices or centres.
Qualifications We Are Looking For
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union or Norway
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. engineering, physics, mathematics, other exact sciences, business management, etc.);
- Experience in budget management – planning, implementation follow up, reporting;
- Knowledge (by training or experience) of schedule and risks management;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Experience of management and administration of contracts;
- Knowledge (by training or experience) in aeronautics, defence and/or space programme management and / or of quality frameworks and standards (ECSS, ISO, ITIL);
- Knowledge (by training or experience) in project management frameworks and standards (PMI, Prince2, etc.), preferably holding project management certification;
- Knowledge (by training or experience) of the EU institutional and regulatory framework, including in particular EU Financial Regulation and/or public procurement, contracts management/administration;
- Knowledge of MS Office (incl. advanced use of Excel) and project tools;
- Excellent analytical, mathematical and problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with others;
- Sense of confidentiality and professional integrity.
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the GSA e-recruitment portal https://www.gsa.europa.eu/gsa/jobs-opportunities
Please submit your application, via the e-recruitment portal, by 20/05/2021 11:59 (Prague time)