The Agency is looking for a Space Downstream Research & Innovation (R&I) Officer who will define and implement actions in the field of applications and user technology development for the downstream of the EU Space Programme covering integrated areas of EGNSS, Copernicus, and GovSatCom, building on R&I tools, such as Horizon Europe or internal programmes.
For more information on the GSA and the European satellite navigation programmes, click here.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Understand and structure the R&I space downstream priorities, leveraging all existing market and technology intelligence processes already present in the Agency, as well as analysing in depth all new technology trends, constantly consulting the users, industry and academic research;
- Act as a users’ coordinator and a bridge with market experts, making R&I a tool for the EU Space Downstream uptake, fostering the synergies and the integrated applications;
- Propose and implement new R&I tools, evaluating the feasibility, budget implications and impact;
- Coordinate and operationally perform activities for the preparation of calls, launches, evaluation up to the formal agreement;
- Coordinate specific projects as well as the project portfolio, using project management methodologies and specific tools from Horizon Europe;
- Design and measure KPIs for the assessment of intermediate and final results, following the benchmarking of state-of-the-art practices;
- Coach and support the companies involved in the projects via business development and leverage the market development expertise in the team;
- Support transversally the other project officers in different areas (e.g. grant agreement preparation, expert reviewers set-up, milestones and payment preparation, etc.);
- Report internally in the Agency and to external stakeholders on the results and budget implementation, including different audits;
- Prepare success stories, portfolio presentations, and other high-quality content for dissemination.
Furthermore, the Space Downstream R&I Officer will contribute to other tasks of the Department as deemed necessary and to the overall Agency processes such as quality management and reporting.
Qualifications We Are Looking For
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Appropriate professional experience of at least three years after having obtained the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union or Norway
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- University degree in Science / Information Technology or in Engineering. Another degree can be accepted, if accompanied by a relevant specialisation;
- Experience in working with research and innovation coordination and in definition of R&I priorities;
- Experience in project or projects portfolio management;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Hands-on experience in developing innovative technological products/services/solutions for different application domains;
- Knowledge and experience of the European R&I context, including the management and reporting tools of programmes such as Horizon 2020 / Horizon Europe or similar;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Creativity, adaptability and proactive attitude;
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the GSA e-recruitment portal https://www.gsa.europa.eu/gsa/jobs-opportunities
Please submit your application, via the e-recruitment portal, by 18/05/2021 11:59 (Prague time)