The Agency is looking for an Engineering Officer at the GSMC with strong engineering skills to join our dynamic EU Agency.
The jobholder's main responsibilities will be related to development, deployment, maintenance and operational support of the systems deployed at the GSMC, and will belong to the GSMC Engineering team reporting to the GSMC Engineering manager.
For more information on the GSA and the European satellite navigation programmes, click here.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The jobholder will be entrusted with the following tasks and responsibilities in coordination with the other GSMC teams, the other departments and consistent with the Agency’s processes:
The GSMC Engineering Officer shall be available for occasional on-call stand-by duties outside normal working hours or upon request in case of operational emergency (availability by phone with ability to come back to the site within predefined times that will be established to meet operational external requirements).
Place of employment:
The initial place of employment will be Saint-Germain-en-Laye. However, the jobholder may be requested to go on frequent missions or have temporary relocation to other GSA sites (Spain and Czech Republic) to perform similar tasks to those in France.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma
- Appropriate professional experience of at least three years after having obtained the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the GSA e-recruitment portal https://www.gsa.europa.eu/gsa/jobs-opportunities
Please submit your application, via the e-recruitment portal, by 18/05/2021 11:59 (Prague time)
European GNSS Agency