The European GNSS Agency is looking for a Head of Project Control Department to join our dynamic EU Agency. The successful candidate will lead the department responsible for project control, cost engineering and project budgeting, product and quality assurance, configuration, documentation and assets management, as well as providing support to various reviews.
For more information on the GSA and the European satellite navigation programmes, click here.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Head of Project Control will report to the Chief Operating Officer and will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the orientation of the Agency as a whole and to the elaboration and implementation of its strategy;
- Lead and manage the department by distribution of responsibilities, defining priorities, promoting growth and engagement of staff;
- Ensure the well-functioning of programmes/projects in all departments and across all sites, including the build-up of transversal processes and practices and their implementation;
- Develop and maintain relevant processes and tools, ensuring the coherency for all programmes/projects and providing optimal support to the Agency with an emphasis on resources utilisation, and sound financial, technical and programmatic management;
- Lead interactions with both internal and external stakeholders (European Commission, European Space Agency (ESA) and industry) in the areas of responsibility of the Project Control Department, across the different programmes/projects;
- Ensure industry compliance with established formal requirements for management, costs, schedule, risk-reporting and assets management;
- Contribute to the risk management function by coordinating the identification and documentation of Programmes risks, their impacts and proposing appropriate mitigation actions;
- Take on additional tasks as required in the interest of the service.
Note: Duties may evolve according to development of the Agency’s structure and activities, and management decisions.
Qualifications We Are Looking For
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma when the normal period of university education is four years or more
A level of education which corresponds to completed university studies attested by a diploma and at least one year of appropriate professional experience when the normal period of university education is three years
- In addition to the above, appropriate professional experience of at least twelve years after obtaining the required diploma
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Unionand a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below solely based on the information provided by the candidates in their application.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to clearly include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. engineering or other exact science);
- Experience in managing multiple projects in complex and/or multi-site environments;
- Experience relevant to the tasks and responsibilities described;
- Proven leadership experience at internal management level and strategic external level;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Experience in Space Systems in operations;
- Experience in building and maintaining relations with stakeholders/industry;
- Experience in budget management;
- Experience in quality management;
- Experience in the use of modern automated planning and project control tools;
- Leadership and people management skills;
- Result-oriented mindset with the ability to set priorities and present practical solutions;
- Planning and organisational skills along with a customer-focus;
- Excellent communication skills.
The only means of submitting an application for this vacancy is through the GSA e-recruitment portal https://www.gsa.europa.eu/gsa/jobs-opportunities
Please submit your application, via the e-recruitment portal, by 13/05/2021 11:59 (Prague time)