B&S Europe, BUSINESS & STRATEGIES IN EUROPE S.A., is an international consulting firm based in Brussels since 1991, and member of the GOPA group. Our company provides advice for technical assistance projects in developing and transition countries, particularly to Public and Governmental Institutions. Our main fields of expertise are Institutional Reform and Capacity Building, in areas such as Justice and Home Affairs, Regional and Local Development and Security and Good Governance (including support to civil society, elections, democracy, decentralization processes, etc.).
B&S Europe has managed projects in more than 100 countries worldwide and has a long standing involvement with clients including international donor agencies, particularly with the European Commission, National Governments and their agencies. B&S has also permanent offices in Brussels, Beirut, Pristina, Bucharest and Skopje and representative offices in more than 10 countries. The company employs more than 40 full time staff and relies on a trustworthy and well-experienced network of in-house and external experts to carry out the implementation of projects.
Our mission is to contribute to the economic and social development of third and transition countries both by providing international high quality consulting advice and by working closely with local expertise to tackle better local problems and existent needs.
In order to contribute to its international expansion, B&S Europe is seeking for 1 Business Development Manager to join our Security Department.
The Business Development Manager reports to the Senior Project Manager and is responsible for managing strategic bids and projects. He/She organises and manages bids end-to-end. This means that the Project Manager is involved and has responsibilities in the different phases of the project design.
- Responsible of new sector development and strategic bids
- Preparation of strategic bids in the sectors of the security department
- Identification of new potential acquisition and new opportunities for the security department (including different donors)
- Sound market analysis and understanding of the new market directions
- Experience in security-related topics covered by B&S Europe is a must
- Organisation of regular commercial missions
- Maintain excellent working relationship with experts, clients and partners and participation to guarantee a positive image and reputation of B&S Europe
- Team work – supervision of teams
- Training, monitoring and supervision of Junior Project Manager(s) and Project Assistant(s)
- Active participation in the B&S working groups (regional, technical and thematic)
- Mentoring and coaching of Junior Project Managers and Project Assistants
- Participation in technical assistance projects or framework contracts as expert.
- Management of projects
- Previous experience in the management of projects is a plus (management of the organisation of the expert teamwork, quality of the results and the financial aspects of the project)
- Very good working atmosphere and company culture
- Joining a very motivated, international and professional team
- Exposure to a variety of interesting projects within a company that has a longstanding experience in working for EU institutions all over the world
- Possibility to develop professional and thematic skills with a focus on the public sector
- Commercial and offer preparation missions in the field
Abilities and attitudes
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to communicate with different profiles
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work proficiently remotely
- Strong relationship-building capacities with the project experts’ team and department to ensure that project goals, objectives and milestones are achieved
- Capacity of independent decision-making and taking initiative
- Strong organisational skills is a must
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience is required
- Perfect oral and drafting skills in French and English is required. Fluency in another language is an asset
- Proven knowledge of EU cooperation policies and instruments, as well as EU PRAG. Other donors’ funding procedures knowledge is an asset
- Strong communication skills is a must. Ability to interact with people and establish good relationships on a longer-term
- Good computer skills. Including strong capacities with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proactive and result-oriented attitude
This is a full-time position, starting ideally as soon as possible, and based in Brussels.
this job offer is not open for applications