B&S Europe, BUSINESS & STRATEGIES IN EUROPE S.A., is an international consulting firm based in Brussels since 1991 and member of the GOPA group. Our company provides advice for technical assistance projects in developing and transition countries, particularly to Public and Governmental Institutions. Our main fields of expertise are Institutional Reform and Capacity Building, in areas such as Justice and Home Affairs, Regional and Local Development and Security and Good Governance (including support to civil society, elections, democracy, decentralization processes, etc.).
B&S Europe has managed projects in more than 100 countries worldwide and has a long-standing involvement with clients including international donor agencies, particularly with the European Commission, National Governments and their agencies.
B&S has also permanent offices in Brussels, Beirut, Pristina and Bucharest representative offices in more than 10 countries. The company employs more than 40 full time staff and relies on a trustworthy and well experienced network of in-house and external experts to carry out the implementation of projects.
Our mission is to contribute to the economic and social development of third and transition countries both by providing international high quality consulting advice and working closely with local expertise to better tackle local problems and existent needs.
In order to contribute to its international expansion, B&S Europe is seeking for a Kosovo-based Junior Financial Controller to join our Financial Department. Directly reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the Junior Financial Controller will work closely with the financial team and with operational department teams concerning specific projects. As part of the financial team, the Junior Financial Controller is responsible for performing financial analysis and validation of expenses necessary to control the projects allocated to you and in the most effective way.
- Verify project budget estimation from projects directly prepared and awarded by ROW and FWC Operations Departments and approve them in Maconomy
- As PM2s for your projects, conduct Maconomy duties on time (project / budget approval, PO/vendor invoices approval, customer invoices issuance, invoice cost validation and accounting related duties & responsibilities)
- For your projects, detect any ineligibility in the management of incidental expenditures and process of administrative approvals, inform the OP and propose/implement measures to avoid any ineligibility
- Prepare in Maconomy the invoices related to your projects (also as when B&S is partner) and ensure that they are invoiced in due time
- Ensure that all projects (also as when B&S is partner) are invoiced in due time
- When required, contribute to tendering budget preparation jointly with Operations discussion and future project implementation set up
- Define bi-annual project audits calendar in agreement with Project Managers and projects auditors
- Supervise that all audits are prepared on time by designed financial controllers with expected quality level
- Ensure on a permanent basis the adequate internal control and check lists/procedures are in place as to facilitate project audits preparation
- Define and update in coordination with the Chief Finance Officer a methodology for risk financial assessment
- Design, update and correctly harmonize use of a Financial Control tool based on Maconomy data
- Contribute to new project budget elaboration / challenge project and approve budget directly prepared by ROW and FWC Operations Departments.
- Review on a regular basis projects’ financial aspect as to ensure the accounting exhaustiveness and optimize margins
- Ensure proper financial control is conducted in your projects, verify and supervise those performed by Financial Controllers for ROW and FWC
- Make sure and control projects and corresponding budgets are up to date in Maconomy
- Supervise that ROW and FWC Financial Controllers as PM2s conduct Maconomy duties on time (project / budget approval, PO/vendor invoices approval, customer invoices issuance accounting related duties & responsibilities shall be redefined)
- Design Maconomy based Financial Control tool to monitor projects
- Ensure that the financial monitoring tools are properly used and up to date
- In coordination with the Chief Finance Officer, prepare the quarterly Win/Loss report
- In coordination with the Chief Finance Officer, contribute to maintain on a permanent basis the Master-table
- Improve business forecast and plan processes
- Support the Chief Finance Officer in the development and update a comprehensive dashboard (KPIs, overheads, costs allocation…)
Closing ROW and FWC Projects
- Review on a quarterly / annually basis the project costs, WIP and revenues and prepare the necessary accruals
- Prepare the necessary documentation for annual accounts elaboration
- Assist the accounting team in the review of B/S open items and specific calculations, reclassifications, adjustments…
- Be a point of contact for interim and annual financial auditors
Team work and team support
- Be responsible for the Team in of Financial Controllers in ROW and FWC
- Work closely with the other Finance department members
- Be a Business Partner for all Operations team members
- Coach, support and advise junior colleagues on procedures and monitoring
- Provide a high level of customer service within finance and to other departments
- Very good work atmosphere and company culture;
- Possibility to join a very motivated and professional Team;
- Exposure to a variety of interesting projects within a company with long-standing experience in working for EU Institutions all over the world;
- Possibility to develop professional consultancy skills, with a focus on public sector.
- Field missions in some of the countries where Projects are implemented
Qualifications and profile
- Bachelor in Finance or Economics is required – Master Degree in the mentioned fields is an advantage. Other relevant certification in accounting/finance is a clear advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience
- Fluency in English is required. French and other languages are an advantage.
- Experience in monitoring/ controlling the financial management of projects.
- Experience in working with non-financial staff and departments and in streamlining financial concepts is an advantage.
- Able to work autonomously, very well-organized and proactive
- Knowledge of general accounting, audit.
- Proficiency in using Maconomy would be a clear advantage.
- Proficient in using MS Office
Abilities and attitudes
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication– able to work and communicate successfully with the financial team and other departments
- Able to work in teams and autonomously
- Ability to solve problems and take responsibility for controlling the financial side of projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills in all situations: face to face, over email and telephone
this job offer is not open for applications