Speaking for more than 3500 utilities Eurelectric represents the full value chain of the European electricity industry in Brussels and beyond. Our priorities revolve around the full decarbonisation of our industry, the deployment of electric solutions to decarbonise other parts of the economy and the need to ensure a fair energy transition.
Eurelectric is looking for its Brussels’ office for a
in the Energy Policy, Climate and Sustainability Team (PAEPC)
As policy advisor, you will:
- Proactively monitor, analyze and follow EU energy policy and legislative developments for the topics in your portfolio, related to the Fit for 55% Package and the 2030 Framework.
- Execute work plans of Working groups and Committees, including organizing and coordinating the related activities (i.e. meetings, deliverables, advocacy plans, internal communication deliverables, etc.) and ensure coordination on topics of your portfolio across policy teams
- Handle the process of creating position papers, policy recommendations and other advocacy deliverables, incl. dissemination and lobby campaigns
- Proactively engage in reaching out to and in meeting with key stakeholders, other associations, relevant NGOs
- Take a lead role in raising the profile of the association on specific topics both within the association, among stakeholders and with policymakers
- Carry out ad hoc actions such as managing ad hoc projects with the involvement of external consultants, drafting briefings, stakeholder’s mapping, drafting press articles, preparation of presentations and speaking points.
Requirements and competencies:
- Degree in EU affairs, political science, law, energy policy or equivalent
- An excellent understanding of EU policy-making and lobbying activities
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the energy sector
- Excellent organizational and communication (writing and oral) skills
- Fluency in English (and another EU language)
- Diplomacy, ability to learn fast and adapt to a variety of tasks
- Interest in working in a fast moving international environment and at ease with the challenge of working digitally
The post is available from May 2021 for a period of 1 year, with possibilities of prolongation
Please submit your application, including a CV and motivation letter (quoting “ref. PAEPC”) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th April
this job offer is not open for applications