Speaking for more than 3500 utilities Eurelectric represents the full value chain of the European electricity industry in Brussels and beyond. Our priorities revolve around the full decarbonisation of our industry, the deployment of electric solutions to decarbonise other parts of the economy and the need to ensure a fair energy transition
Eurelectric is looking for its Brussels’ office one
in the Energy Policy, Climate and Sustainability Team (POEPC)
As policy officer, you will:
- monitor, analyze and follow EU energy policy and legislative developments of relevance for the topics in your portfolio (i.e. energy efficiency, heating and cooling, buildings renovation, etc.)
- execute work plans of Working groups and Committees, including organizing and coordinating the related activities (i.e. meetings, deliverables, advocacy plans, internal communication deliverables, etc.)
- handle the process of creating position papers, policy recommendations and other advocacy deliverables, incl. dissemination and lobby campaigns
- Engage in meetings with key stakeholders, other associations, relevant NGOs
- Other ad hoc actions may include: contributing to ad hoc studies with the support of external consultants, drafting of briefings, stakeholder’s mapping, drafting of press articles, preparation of presentations and speaking points
Requirements and competencies:
- Degree in EU affairs, political science, law, energy policy or equivalent
- A good understanding of EU policy-making and lobbying, some previous knowledge of or experience in the energy sector is a plus
- Diplomatic and interested in working in a fast moving international environment
- Very good organizational and communication (writing and oral) skills
- Fluent in English, other languages a plus. At ease working in a multicultural team and with the challenge of working digitally.
The post is available from now for a period of 1 year, with possibilities of prolongation.
Please submit your application, including a CV and motivation letter (quoting “ref. POEPC”) to email@example.com by 26th April.
this job offer is not open for applications