Microsoft European Government Affairs (EGA) is looking for a policy coordinator. The policy coordinator will be part of the EGA team dealing with matters related to Responsible AI, privacy, content regulation, and law enforcement. The coordinator will have an important task contributing to and enhancing EGA’s policy work in AI policy. We are looking for a candidate with strong analytical, networking, and communications skills along with an open, collaborative, creative, and result-oriented mindset.
- Legal and policy analysis: monitor, analyze and report towards the team and internal customers current and emerging legal and public policy issues on AI-related regulation, with focus on the evolution in the EU and in the EU Member States as well as on the implications for society.
- Strategic planning: identify key areas of policy focus and provide continuous support to the management of the team in building internal strategy and planning to timely address any relevant policy issues at the EU level and/or key issues at the national level.
- Project management: support and develop new projects related to AI policy in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including European Commission, European Parliament, National governments, telecommunications regulators, think tanks, or trade associations.
- Strategic communications: contribute to the strengthening of EGAs strategic communications efforts. Tasks could include drafting of messages for both traditional and social media, pro-active idea-generation for campaigns, identification of communication opportunities, etc.
- Attend external AI-related events in Brussels and provide summary/analysis.
- Research and Writing: support campaigning and senior staff with relevant research, by editing documents or developing support materials (e.g. briefing documents, conference support, decks, talking points).
- Support in the organization of meetings and events – including working with the EGA Events team and/or external partners.
The AIESEC fee for the trainee will be fully covered by Microsoft.
Apply via here.