We are an award winning association and have over 200 members spanning 35 countries. We aim to produce thought-leading energy market, business and policy analysis and support our members through creative and successful advocacy campaigns. We offer a dynamic working environment within a close-knit and multicultural team in Brussels.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional to join our Policy team, and scale-up our activities on renewable hydrogen.
This position is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual to work in a continuously evolving market, develop deep knowledge of solar PV technology and renewables, while strengthening public affairs and policy skills within an award winning advocacy association.
- You have a Masters Degree in a relevant discipline and a proven track record of 3-5+ years of experience in European public affairs
- You have a sound understanding of EU decision making processes, and a robust experience working on EU energy and climate policies
- You have strong technical and political expertise on hydrogen and renewables gases. Expertise in renewable energies and solar is a definite plus.
- You are familiar with relevant energy & climate EU policy files such as the Clean Energy Package, the Energy system integration and Hydrogen strategy
- You are fluent in English (native is a plus) and at least one other EU language
- You have a passion for the energy transition, you are hardworking, result-oriented and able to provide creative and simple solutions to complex issues
- You have strong analytical skills and deliver evidence-based and high-quality content, as well as strategic insights
- You are a good communicator and are able to express ideas in a clear and concise manner, in both written and oral forms
- You are a good public speaker, able to represent the association in public conference and external meetings
- You have excellent networking skills, can establish new contacts easily and create alliances of stakeholders to further your cause.
- You have demonstrated your ability to coordinate multi-stakeholder projects, with senior representatives
- You are a team player and can work under time pressure.
Our ideal candidate would have previous work experience in the field of energy and climate policies and strong knowledge on renewable hydrogen. Previous work experience in the gas and hydrogen sector is highly desirable.
Our Senior Policy Advisor will be directly responsible for SolarPower Europe’s workstreams on Hydrogen.
Reporting to the Policy Director, you will:
- Be responsible for creating and running SolarPower Europe’s hydrogen workstream, working with members to develop market and policy intelligence promoting renewable hydrogen in EU policy
- Coordinate SolarPower Europe’s contribution to the Clean hydrogen alliance, supporting the Policy Director and CEO for the chairmanship of the Clean hydrogen Alliance’s “CEO Roundtable” on generation.
- Prepare briefing notes, presentations and relevant materials in relation to these policy area(s) for members, the management team, external stakeholders and journalists
- Conduct research and produce evidence-based positions to support our positions on renewable hydrogen
- Define and implement advocacy strategies to promote our positions by interacting with EU-decision makers and stakeholders
- Create, maintain and extend over time a strong network of contacts in the Brussels EU policy community
- Ensure external representation of our positions by attending and speaking at workshops and conferences
- Contribute to the content of SolarPower Europe’s communication channels e.g. newsletter, social media and website
- Performing any other tasks or duties required of the role as appropriate.
Some international travel within Europe will be required.
Please email your application in English to SolarPower Recruitment (email@example.com ) by 02/12/20 quoting “Senior Policy Advisor October 2020” and your full name in the email subject line. Your application should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page) outlining your motivation for the job, why you would be a good candidate and when you would be able to start;
- a CV (maximum 2 pages).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
this job offer is not open for applications