We are looking for candidates for our Assistant reserve list, to provide support for work on a variety of subjects of global concern such as development, trade, energy, technology, green growth and education, through office management tasks including event and meeting organisation as well as the preparation of documents and communication materials. You will work in English and French, and you may have the opportunity to use other languages and to travel abroad to participate in events management.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated candidates with relevant experience who are interested in a job in a diverse and collaborative multi-cultural work environment, which the OECD offers. You will play a key role in contributing to the success of the work of teams of experts who are committed to better policies for better lives.
Responsibilities will vary according to the needs of the assigned Directorate and team.
- Draft correspondence and notes, manage calendars, information flows and records.
- Organise workshops, meetings and conferences. This may include managing room reservations, catering arrangements, preparation of documents and participant lists, and other general support during meetings.
- Act as an administrative focal point for contacts with Member Delegations and other external interlocutors.
- Organise business travel including bookings, visa applications and processing of expense claims.
- Prepare and process contracts and associated payments for intellectual service providers and invited experts.
- Provide assistance in the preparation and updating of documents, publications, websites and social media in both official languages (English and French). This may include sub-editing, proof-reading and formatting.
Continuous learning and process improvement
- Keep informed about the unit’s work commitments, milestones and main sources of funding, and support policy staff in the implementation of the unit’s Programme of Work and Budget.
- Pro-actively suggest improvements to existing administrative processes, workflows and working methods within unit.
- Adopt a continuous learning approach with regard to evolving corporate systems and procedures and other relevant IT tools.
- Keep abreast of the relevant financial and/or HR rules pertaining to assigned workflows.
- Secondary level of education, preferably with office management, secretarial and language studies.
- Relevant experience, ideally in an international environment, including preparation of documents/publications and organisation of large-scale meetings and events, as well as travel management.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and proven ability to learn new systems rapidly.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French) and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level. For certain positions, knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- The following OECD Core Competencies are particularly important: Achievement focus, Drafting skills, Teamwork, Client focus and Diplomatic sensitivity.
- Assessment will include application screening and video-recorded interview, followed by panel interview with hiring team and online language test.
- Applications are reviewed on a continuous basis, so please do not wait for the closing date to apply. Following an interview, successful candidates will be placed on a reserve list and recruited as opportunities arise.
Contractual conditions and benefits
- One- or two-year fixed term appointments, with the possibility of renewal.
- Annual base salary starting from 42,705 EUR plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
- According to level of professional experience and language skills, an appointment at the grade below, or for some needs a Temporary Staff contract, may be offered.
- Our supportive work culture and international environment are particularly valued by staff members. Internal mobility and opportunities to develop skills, flexible working arrangements and social activities are some of the other benefits.
Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
The OECD is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes the applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their racial or ethnic origin, opinions or beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, health or disabilities.