Do you want to find out how a democratic and liberal European Union is built brick-by-brick? Do you want to gain experience in European project management?
At the European Liberal Forum, the think tank and political foundation of the ALDE party, weare working to promote discussions and broker ideas for a liberal future in a united Europe. Together withover 40 member organisations, weset up research and capacity-building projects throughout Europeand beyond.
Asaninternin the Project Unit,youwillcontribute tobuilding a democratic and liberal Europewhile learning what it takes to manageEuropean projects day-to-day and develop a network of think tanks and political foundations.
What will be your role?
You willbe one of 4 colleagues inELF’sProject Unit, assistingwith the day-to-day management of Europeanresearch and trainingprojects, andsupportingcontactwith ELFmemberorganisationsthroughout Europe. You willalsoplaya central role in the office, collaboratingwiththe Communication Unit and Policy&Research Unit. Your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Making sure allELFprojects are implemented according to European Unionregulationsthroughout the projectcycle;
- Gathering and checkingprogrammeand budgetarymaterials provided by thememberorganisationsbefore activities takeplace;
- Collecting and verifyingsupporting documents afterprojectactivities takeplace;
- Coordinating logisticsand invitationsfor events,seminars,workshops, ELF General Assembly,and othermeetings;
- Performingadministrative duties in support of the wider ELF Secretariat including updating various databases,status updates, scheduling, reporting, minute-takingand filing.
Who do we want?
We are looking forsomeonewho:
- Hascompleted a Bachelor’sdegree;
- Hasexcellentspoken and written English skills. This is a must and any knowledge of additional European language(s), especially French or German,would beappreciated;
- Hasgood communication skills, can handle interpersonal and intercultural relations with multipleorganisationsat the sametime;
- Hasinitialoffice experience and proficiency with MicrosoftOffice (Outlook, Excel, Word);
- Can work independently, show initiativeand aproblem-solvingattitude;
- Can take responsibility for on-going activities, while being flexible enough to take up unexpected newtasks;
- Hasan affinity with liberal ideas.
What can we offer you?
- A6-monthconvention d’immersion professionnelletrainingcontract
- Remunerationin line withinternship remuneration laws within the Brussels Capital Region
- Hands-on experience in project administration
- A chance to get acquainted with the European liberal family, both in Brussels and throughoutEurope;
- Joining a young and international team in Brussels
If you would like to find out more about ELF, please visitourwebsite.
The starting date of the internship is16 November 2020. To apply, please send a motivation letter and your CV firstname.lastname@example.org 27thOctober 2020. Short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews by2ndNovember2020.