GSA AND INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY & FACILITY MANAGEMENT AND LOGISTICS (ICT & FML) DEPARTMENT
The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world.
The ICT&FML Department is proactively contributing to the fulfilment of the Agency’s mission, particularly regarding all matters related to the management of the information and communication systems.
Among other tasks the ICT&FML Department is supporting the business needs of the Agency from technical and organisational standpoints through coordinating and managing the ICT function, including planning and managing the implementation, operation, development, optimisation and maintenance of ICT infrastructure for both unclassified systems and systems processing EU classified information up to SECRET UE and across all GSA sites and remote offices (currently Prague, Saint Germain-en-Laye, Toulouse, Brussels, Noordwijk and Madrid). The department coordinates the development, maintenance, optimisation and implementation of internal administrative procedures (and related software applications), support to document management and archiving; ensures that administrative procedures are synchronised with information systems in order to maximise the benefits from using modern technologies and the overall efficiency and performance of the Agency; plans and ensures ICT security and infrastructure management as well as the ICT business continuity plan. It also provides ICT expertise to the GSA and support to end users (internal and external) in all GSA sites.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ICT User Support Officer will provide support to users and administer ICT systems. He/ she will report to the ICT Helpdesk Team Leader or his assignee. The ICT User support officer main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Support users of GSA ICT Services, in particular on systems processing EU classified information, including:
- Assist users in a professional and efficient way in order to solve incidents and service requests (following ITIL best practices);
- Conduct correct identification, logging and categorization of issues, escalating to other ICT groups as necessary;
- Supervise the ICT support portal queue, making sure all tickets are assigned and logged properly.
- Administration of GSA ICT systems on basic administration level (up to level of SECRET EU), including:
- Administration of Active Directory services;
- Administration of File&Print services;
- Administration of Intranet services (SharePoint);
- Administration of E-mail services (Exchange);
- Support and maintenance of ICT Videoconferencing infrastructure;
- Provision and support of restricted ICT systems as instructed by Security and Operations teams;
- Standalone computers and mobile devices.
- Full processing of ICT onboarding/offboarding of new users, including account management (accurate attributes, handover sheets, proper permissions granted, etc.) and set up and removal of ICT equipment;
- Management of GSA ICT classified and unclassified assets (hardware and software), including physical reception, storage, assignation and tracking;
- Management of ICT Videoconferencing infrastructure, including room maintenance and support to end users;
- Acting as Queue Manager of tickets opened on the Support Portal, ensuring all tickets are properly handled, processed and distributed amongst the team;
- Proactive involvement in overall digital transformation of ICT infrastructure as subject matter expert;
- Participation in complex ICT projects related to newly build data centres and cloud migration with focus on automation and simplification of user support;
- Management of DIGIT contracts and preparation and review of GSA specific contracts;
- Contribution to the preparation of tenders and contracts specifications by providing technical advice;
- Ensuring the maintenance, development and provision of the system documentation, including end user documentation and training to GSA users;
- Participation in hand over activities of newly procured or developed software or system to production environment as instructed;
- Participation and support in ICT projects as requested by ICT Team Leaders or Head of ICT;
- Keeping up with the latest ICT technologies and best practices in order to actively contribute to the continued ICT modernisation and continuous development and improvement of the systems;
- Participation in selection and evaluation of outside specialists and sub-contractors, if needed.
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to:
- post-secondary education attested by a diploma,
- secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three years
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post
this job offer is not open for applications