1. GSA AND COMMUNICATIONS
The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is responsible for the operations and service provision for the European Global Navigation Satellite Systems (EGNSS) EGNOS and Galileo. By developing a new generation of GNSS, Europe is laying the foundation for new high-technology industry development, leading to job creation and economic growth. These European flagship space programmes, which embody what can be achieved when Europe works together, are already bringing real benefits to people and business in Europe and around the world.
The GSA Communications team is responsible for the provision of information, promotional activities, and outreach initiatives of the GSA in general. Among other things, the GSA’s communication activities focus on the development and implementation of communication strategies and initiatives that support the objectives of the Agency and its programmes.
For more information on the GSA and the European satellite navigation programmes, click here.
2. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are looking for a Digital Communications Support Officer to monitor, manage and enhance the GSA and EU Space Programmes digital presence and assets such as websites, online tools, social media and mobile apps, keeping abreast with the latest features and trends in digital communication. You will be part of an agile communications team, and work across GSA departments and services. Your main tasks and responsibilities will include among others:
- Support communications initiatives to increase GSA, Galileo and EGNOS brand positioning and raise awareness on EU Space Programmes, implementing a wide range of digital communications, promotion and community-engagement initiatives;
- Write compelling content for web and social media tailored to the needs of a wide range of users including Member States and European Union stakeholders, industry, user communities and the public at large;
- Contribute to the implementation of current and new digital solutions to reach existing and new user communities and enhance programme visibility including newsletters, videos, apps, webinars, online surveys and user consultations;
- Create engaging digital strategies and support the organisation and management of events such as hackathons, webinars competitions and online consultations;
- Propose upgrades and updates of GSA websites and digital channels to keep abreast with the latest trends and tools to enhance user experience and GSA´s digital profile;
- Create opportunities for joint online social media campaigns with stakeholders and user communities;
- Contribute to the planning and integration of social media and other audience-engagement tools as part of GSA broader communications strategy;
- Contribute to the creation of multimedia content and material including graphics, banners, videos, animations, and paid campaigns;
- Support the management and monitoring of social media activities, using analytics and insights to improve content and outreach and prepare reports to monitor trends and propose updates to the digital communication strategy;
- Support major revamps of GSA sites, including user interface and user experience (UI/UX) design, content gap analysis and content type requirements, development of the information architecture and wireframes;
- Ensure shared learning and adoption of creative best practices across the team;
- Support the compliance of events with the applicable EU financial and legal rules;
- Ensure all operations comply with the current Copyright regulations and Regulation (EU) N° 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, officers and agencies and on the free movement of such data.
3. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
The selection procedure is open to applicants who satisfy the following eligibility criteria, on the closing date for application:
- Have a level of education which corresponds to:
- post-secondary education (5) attested by a diploma,
- secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience (6) of three years
- Be a national of a Member State of the European Union(7)
- Be entitled to his or her full rights as citizen
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed by the applicable laws concerning military service
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved (8)
- Have a thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the European Union (9) and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the European Union to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties
- Be physically fit to perform the duties linked to the post (10)
Contract agents from EU agencies are also invited to apply in accordance with the following GSA rules: https://www.gsa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/conditions_of_employment_of_contract_staff_ca.pdf
 Only study titles that have been awarded in EU Member States or that are subject to the equivalence certificates issued by the authorities in the said Member States shall be taken into consideration.
 Only appropriate professional experience acquired after achieving the minimum qualification stated in point.1 shall be considered. Where additional periods of training and study are accompanied by periods of professional activity, only the latter shall be considered as professional experience. Compulsory military service or equivalent civilian service accomplished after achieving the minimum qualification stated in point.1 shall be taken into consideration. Internships will be taken into consideration, if they are paid. Professional activities pursued part-time shall be calculated pro rata, on the basis of the percentage of full-time hours worked. A given period may be counted only once.
 In accordance with the Article 127, paragraph 7(c) of the Agreement on the withdrawal of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community (OJ 2019/C 384 I/01).
 Prior to the appointment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide a Police certificate confirming the absence of any criminal record.
 The languages of the EU are: Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Irish, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish, Swedish.
 Before a successful candidate can be appointed, s/he will be medically examined by a selected medical service so that the Agency will be satisfied that s/he fulfils the requirement of Article 28(e) of the Staff Regulation of Officials of the European Communities.
4. SELECTION CRITERIA
All eligible applications, according to the afore-mentioned criteria, will be assessed against the requirements listed below.
The Selection Board responsible for this selection will determine the criteria to be assessed in the various phases of the selection procedure (assessment of the application forms, interview and written test) prior to being granted access to the names of the applicants. All essential criteria will be assessed during the applications evaluation phase.
Non-compliance with any of the essential criteria may result in the exclusion of the candidate from the selection process. Advantageous criteria constitute additional assets and will not result in exclusion, if not fulfilled.
When filling the online application, candidates are expected to include elements that demonstrate that their profile matches the requirements below.
- University degree in communications, marketing, international relations or another relevant field;
- Proven experience in using content management system (CMS) and managing professional social media platforms (Hootsuite, Smarp, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube) and digital communications strategies;
- Proven track record of developing accurate and engaging digital content for a variety of channels and formats;
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of the structure of the EU, its agencies and the working procedures;
- Experience working in an international organisation in a multicultural and interdisciplinary environment;
- Experience with Drupal Content Management System and maintenance of applications on the Drupal platform;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work with others (within the team and with external stakeholders);
- Ability to deliver accurate work under pressure, organise workload and prioritise tasks.
5. SELECTION PROCEDURE
The current vacancy is for one post and establishment of a reserve list.
The selection procedure includes the following steps:
- Applications must be complete and successfully submitted via the e-recruitment tool within the deadline set for the vacancy notice.
- For each selection procedure, the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of the Agency appoints a Selection Board. The Board’s deliberations are confidential and applicants are strictly forbidden to contact its members.
- An automatic screening of all valid applications will be carried out by means of the e-recruitment tool in order to verify their compliance with the eligibility criteria. The eligibility screening will be verified and endorsed by the Selection Board responsible for the procedure.
- All eligible applications will be then evaluated by the Board based on the selection criteria defined in this vacancy notice.
- The candidates whose applications rank among the best-qualified in accordance with the selection criteria (the minimum threshold is 65% of the total points), may be contacted to verify (through a video-recorded interview) their studies, professional experience and/or other knowledge and competencies as indicated in their application. This step in pre-selecting the most suitable candidates does not, however, entitle candidates to be invited for an interview.
- The best-qualified candidates, those who obtained the highest scoring within the evaluation, will be short-listed for an interview and a written test.
- Prior to the day of the interview candidates will be requested to send photocopies of all the supporting documents for their educational qualifications and employment necessary to prove that they meet the eligibility criteria. GSA has the right to disqualify applicants who fail to submit all the required documents.
- During the interview, the Selection Board will examine each candidate’s profile and will assess their relevancy for this post. Shortlisted candidates will be also required to undergo a computer-based written test relevant to the job content (the minimum threshold for this test is 50% of the total points allocated for it).
- Interviews and written test will be held in English, however knowledge of another EU languages may also be tested. Mother tongue English speakers will be expected to demonstrate their knowledge of a second EU language in line with Article 28(f) of the Staff Regulations.
- All candidates short-listed for an interview may also be requested to complete an online Business Attitude Questionnaire.
- As a result of the interviews, the Selection Board will recommend the most suitable candidate(s) for this post to be placed on a reserve list. The minimum threshold to be placed on the reserve list is 65% of the total points.
- The Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts will ultimately decide on the successful candidate to be appointed to the post.
- The established reserve list may also be used for recruitment of similar posts depending on the Agency’s needs. Where a similar post becomes available, the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts may select applicants from the list according to their profile in relation to the specific requirements of the post to be filled. However, inclusion on the reserve list does not guarantee employment.
- The validity of the reserve list is indicated in the vacancy notice and its duration might be extended if deemed necessary.
- Normally, the recruitment procedure can take up to 6 months from the date on which a position is first advertised to the final offer being made.
- If, at any stage of the procedure, it is established that any of the information the candidate has provided is incorrect, the candidate in question will be disqualified.
Indicative date for the interview and written test: July/August 2020. The date might be modified depending on the availability of the Selection Board members.
Candidates are strictly forbidden to make any contact with the Selection Board members, either directly or indirectly. Any infringement of this rule will lead to disqualification from the selection procedure.
6. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
In order to be considered for this position, candidates need to create an account by registering via the GSA e-recruitment tool.
Only applications submitted via the e-recruitment tool will be accepted. Applications sent via email or post will not be taken into consideration.
Multiple applications received for the same position via different accounts will lead to the exclusion of the applicant from the selection procedure.
Important: the information provided by candidates in their online application constitutes the solely basis for the assessment of the eligibility and selection criteria. Therefore, they are invited to carefully read the requirements and to provide the relevant information in such detail that would allow this assessment. Particular attention should be paid to information on the education and professional experience, in particular exact dates, description of responsibilities and duties carried out.
All sections of the application should be completed in English in order to facilitate the selection procedure.
In order to be considered, applications must be received by the closing date indicated in the vacancy notice.
Candidates are advised to submit the application well ahead of the deadline in order to avoid potential problems during the final days before the closing date of applications’ submissions. The Agency cannot be held responsible for any last-minute malfunctioning of the e-recruitment tool due to heavy traffic on the website.
Please consult the e-recruitment guideline for instructions on completing the application.
this job offer is not open for applications