The Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB), established in 1956, is a multilateral development bank with a unique social mandate. The CEB works to strengthen social cohesion and build thriving communities in Europe by financing projects that promote inclusive growth, support vulnerable groups and bolster environmental sustainability.
The CEB is looking for a skilled and dynamic Assistant - Paralegal to join its Office of General Counsel. The selected candidate will provide organisational, logistical and administrative support for a team of lawyers and work under the supervision of a Head of Unit. S/he will have excellent planning skills, proven ability to identify priorities and find appropriate solutions to ensure effective and timely outputs.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of legal documents, publications, annual reports, memos and meeting minutes, in both official languages (English and French), including translation, proof-reading and formatting, as well as follow-up on decisions as needed following legal procedures and standards. Contribute to drafting legal correspondence and notes in both official languages;
- Establish and maintain effective record management, structured document retrieval and workflow management systems for the Office of General Counsel. Design, organise and run the Director’s/Directorate’s electronic filing and classification and archiving system, as needed;
- Organise meetings, workshops and events on-site and/or off-site, including room reservation, preparation of participant lists and provide secretarial support during the meetings. Receive and guide visitors and ensure a positive image is left with visitors and high-level contacts by being attentive, courteous and professional at all times;
- Prepare official missions for staff of the Directorate, including travel arrangements and processing of expense claims. Organise business trips taking into account time-differences and optimising arrangements (flights, travel itinerary, transport, hotel and lunch reservations, visas, insurance). Follow up on travel and living expenses and assist in the preparation of mission reports;
- Ensure internal coordination with other directorates as well as with relevant external stakeholders and other organisations. Act as back-up to other support staff in the Directorate, when necessary;
- Assist in the preparation of material for the CEB website as needed;
- Set up working tools and optimise work procedures to ensure that high standards of professionalism are maintained.
- Diploma of general secondary education;
- Training as a paralegal would be an advantage;
- A higher education qualification, in particular in law, would be an asset.
- At least 4 years’ experience as an assistant or as a paralegal;
- Experience from a law firm or the legal department of another International Organisation, in particular an International Financial Institution, would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of the use of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.;
- Proven ability to learn and assimilate new tools, rules and procedures quickly;
- Excellent planning, work organisation and multi-tasking skills to ensure effective and timely output in an autonomous way and with a focus on priorities.
Communication and language skills:
- An excellent written and oral command of one of the two official languages of the CEB (English and French) and very good knowledge of the other, with the ability to draft in both languages.
Monthly salary starting at 3 662 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax. Appointment may be made at a lower grade, based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
Start date as soon as possible.
Temporary staff member appointment of 6 months initially, with the possibility to renew up to 9 months in 2021.
Applications from CEB member countries candidates should be made in English or French using the Bank’s online application before the deadline of 21 June 2020.
this job offer is not open for applications