Allocation: Corporate Services Directorate, Privileges, Immunities & Missions Division
Term of contract: 4-year (incl. 1-year probation)
Deadline for applications: 5 September 2021
The Council of Europe Development Bank (CEB), established in 1956, is a multilateral development bank with a unique social mandate. The CEB works to strengthen social cohesion and build thriving communities in Europe by financing projects that promote inclusive growth, support vulnerable groups and bolster environmental sustainability.
We are looking for a Formalities and Travel Assistant to participate in the processing of formalities and travel management and provide administrative and technical assistance. The incumbent will report directly to the Head of Privileges, Immunities and Missions, will possess excellent organisation skills and pay the utmost attention to quality, efficiency and accuracy.
Formalities and travel management:
- Participate in timely and efficient processing of travel management, from bookings to the end of the mission;
- Model and update the operational processes and procedures related to business travel, analyse the services rendered by the travel agency and the travel management tools in order to propose better adapted solutions and/or procedures, from the mission organisation to payment;
- Check that contractual agreements are effectively implemented (notably concerning tariffs and the nature of the services provided);
- Monitor the quality of the services provided by the travel agency;
- Exploit dashboards and reports enabling such monitoring;
- Implement and improve measures that contribute to the safety and security of staff on official journeys (travel policy, insurance, liaison with external service providers, etc.);
- Coordinate requests for special residence permits (“Titre de Séjour Spécial”, TSS);
- Accompany expatriate staff members in obtaining diplomatic license plates.
- Coordinate with the other directorates and with all other relevant external contacts;
- Provide support to the work of other collaborators, whenever necessary;
- Deal with confidential issues that require the utmost discretion.
- General secondary education diploma or, preferably, an advanced technician certificate in tourism or equivalent.
Professional and technical skills:
- Minimum 4 to 5 years successful professional experience in carrying out administrative/technical tasks and procedures linked to business travel in order to establish relations with e.g. travel agencies, airlines, train companies, hotels, car rental agencies;
- Sound IT skills; excellent knowledge of the MS Office Suite and specific software applications related to travel organisation;
- Professional experiences in travel agencies or operators would be an asset.
- Excellent command of one of the two CEB official languages (English and French), both oral and written, and knowledge of the other, with a commitment to reach a good working level;
- Knowledge of other languages would be an asset.
- Client Orientation;
- Result Orientation;
- Team Work;
Nationality: citizenship of one of the Bank’s member states. Albania, Andorra, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Holy See, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey.
The CEB has obtained the EDGE gender equality certification.
For more information on how to apply, please click the “Apply” button.
this job offer is not open for applications