Full-time position, currently remote (relocation expected to Brussels after COVID-19 restrictions end).
Eurogroup for Animals is the pan-European animal protection organisation which unites the voices of leading national and international organisations. We work to improve the welfare of as many animals as possible by leading and delivering coordinated advocacy and campaigns at European level. Only by legislating at EU level can we be sure that animals will be respected as sentient beings across the Member States. Eurogroup uses its knowledge and expertise to challenge EU decision makers and bring about positive change. By uniting our members and working together we magnify the national activities to get our message across at European level.
Purpose of the role
We are seeking the help of a highly motivated and skilled colleague to reinforce Eurogroup for Animals’ Communications Team in support of our advocacy efforts on farm animal welfare. The main focus of this position then is to increase the profile of our farm animal advocacy work across our communication channels by conceiving and implementing high-impact communications actions and campaigns on farm animal welfare. The work includes a strong focus on content creation and production, data and impact analysis and engaging our members in coordinated communications work. The scope of the work mainly concentrates on chicken but also covers thematic issues as the transport of live animals, slaughter, and food policy.
- Develop and implement dedicated micro- communication strategies and campaign efforts for the farm animal advocacy projects, specifically on key events or other important moments, e.g. European Parliament votes;
- Source, edit and post quality farm animal welfare content across our communication channels and ensure our website remains lively and up to date on those issues;
- Produce farm animal welfare related publications and other off-line and online products, including whenever necessary dedicated web pages;
- Work with Eurogroup for Animals’ Communications Team to ensure optimal and timely coverage of farm animal welfare issues across our digital communications channels;
- Engage and support member organisations working on farm animals topics to foster cross-pollination and collaboration;
- Contribute to the communications content pipeline with updates on farm animals members campaigns (translate, write articles, produce social media outputs, develop communications products);
- Work closely with the Programme Leaders and Officers to translate technical content into accessible language for Eurogroup for Animals’ key audiences;
- Liaise with external suppliers (professional proofreaders, translators, graphic designers, etc.);
- Analyse digital communication performance through analytic systems (e.g. Google/Twitter Analytics) and impact of other activities (events, campaigns, etc.);
- Develop a “community” of animal advocacy communication professionals among our member organisations particularly active on farm animal welfare so as to foster exchange, knowledge and expertise and maximize our collective communications impact.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 3 to 5 years experience in communications (consultancy, NGO or industry sectors);
- Fluency in English (spoken and written);
- Strong writing skills;
- Proven ability to produce results within tight deadlines and under pressure;
- Ability to multitask;
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent computer proficiency (Google Workspace, Google Analytics);
- Demonstrated online communication/marketing experience (social media and mailing systems);
- Outstanding proven time management and organisational skills;
- Good ability of working as a team member and independently;
- Affinity with animal welfare issues and commitment towards Eurogroup for Animals’ mission.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- An understanding of EU Institutions;
- Knowledge of at least one other European language;
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Pardot, Drupal, Adobe Suite and/or Canva (or similar) and Meltwater;
- Ability to use Project Management tools.
38 hours per week, unlimited employment contract under Belgian law. Contract subject to funding renewal. Competitive remuneration and benefits package offered. A valid EU working permit is required.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to this post along with your CV in English (Pdf format), including your salary expectations, by email to Louise Hilditch firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on 16/01/2021.
this job offer is not open for applications