MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Country Guidance Officer - interim support for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta, HQ.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
In coordination with the EUAA Country Guidance Sector, support the Operational Quality Procedures and Tools Sector in the effective implementation of EUAA country guidance (CG) in operations by:
- Planning, organising and conducting outreach and capacity-building activities concerning the EUAA CG.
- Support the set-up of a helpdesk on CG for EUAA operations.
- Researching and drafting responses to queries related to EUAA CG.
- Participating in relevant quality review and assurance activities.
- Analysing the use and impact of EUAA CG in the Member States to which the EUAA provides operational and technical assistance.
- Providing any other support facilitating the use of EUAA CG in the Member States to which the EUAA provides operational and technical assistance (e.g. coordinating and facilitating the organisation of meetings and other exchanges with relevant national authorities, coordinating translation processes).
- Maintaining relevant databases (e.g. on CG outreach and capacity-building activities).
- Assist with any other CG-related tasks, as needed.
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the Line Manager
- A completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma.
- Minimum three years of work experience in tasks listed above.
- Excellent knowledge of the criteria for qualification for international protection.
- Experience in the asylum field of a minimum of one year.
- Working understanding of the Country Guidance content and methodology.
- Experience in drafting documents to a high standard.
- Experience in public speaking, preferably in delivering training, workshops, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of English language (level B2 in all dimensions as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFRL).
- Proficient in using computer applications and software, including MS Office Suite, databases, and web-based applications.
- University degree, preferably in the field of law, political, humanitarian, social studies.
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and deliver under pressure.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision on multiple tasks.
- Excellent intercultural / interdisciplinary communication skills.
- Very good interpersonal skills
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €42,853.80 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Sunday 31st of December 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications