MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire an Information and Analysis Research Officer – interim support for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta, HQ.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- In view of regular operational needs assessments and horizontal operational support, and requests for information stemming from MS where EUAA provides operational support, the Information and Analysis Research Officer – interim support conduct information collection and analysis of policies, practices, legislation, and case law in EU+ countries (supported by EUAA) based on a variety of sources and directly from stakeholders and in the field.
- Facilitate exchange among stakeholders maintaining relevant information systems (databases, portals) and resources relevant to CEAS to maintain a full situational picture of relevant developments in MS where EUAA provides operational support.
- Collect and organize information on the CEAS, feeding information into relevant databases, and preparing overviews based on that information, including for needs assessment, evaluation, and operational activities.
- Maintain regular exchange of information and provide updates to EUAA operational teams on the ground on relevant developments via regular calls, meetings and exchanges.
- Manage request for operational queries coming from EUAA operational teams on the ground to be processed via EUAA Query System.
- Other tasks coordinated by Head of Sector or C3 coordinator.
- A completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma.
- At least two years of pertinent professional experience with relevant tasks;
- Experience in managing of or working with databases, websites, newsletters and similar tools;
- Knowledge of asylum, migration and fundamental rights;
- Thorough Knowledge of English (level C1 in all dimensions as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFRL);
- Computer literacy, including MS Office Suite, use of internet and web-based applications.
- University degree, preferably in social studies or areas relevant to information management
- Experience in liaising with MS representatives and other stakeholders (civil society organizations;
- Experience in drafting written outputs (analyses, reports) on matters related to asylum and migration;
- Previous experience within an international and multicultural environment
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritise work and deliver results under pressure;
- Ability to manage own workload and work without close supervision;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines on multiple tasks;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assess complex data, analyse information and evaluate results;
- Strong ability to listen attentively and paying full attention to details;
- Strong service-oriented attitude and flexibility;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Capacity to manage and co-ordinate several processes simultaneously;
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €42,853.80 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Sunday 31st of December 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications