MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire a Project Management Officer - interim support for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta, HQ.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
Work as a member of the Project Management Cluster – Team 1, based in Italy – Rome, with duty station in Malta/EUAA HQ.
- Support and/or advise the Team Leader of the Project Management Cluster – Team 1 in accordance with the EUAA policies on all steps of the project management cycle, to ensure adherence to scope, schedule, quality, and budget;
- Support the Team Leader of the Project Management Cluster – Team 1, in close cooperation with the management team of Operations, to conceptualize, establish and implement EUAA operational support to Member States, with regards to needs assessment and planning functions.
- Support the Team Leader of the Project Management Cluster – Team 1, in close cooperation with the management team of Operations, to ensure the application of the results-based monitoring methodology by developing reports, strategic documents, assessments, presentations, etc., and ensure quality and relevance of content.
- Handle risk and issue management, ensuring adherence to EUAA internal guidelines and standards, as well as quality of the deliverables.
- Contribute to internal and external evaluation exercise.
- Develop relevant project management workflows, guidelines, and tools, and contribute to ensuring consistent application within the Team and across operations.
- Design, write, develop, and coordinate project documents, project reports, monitoring tools, specific reports, and other documents, including both qualitative and quantitative information.
- Support the Team Leader of the Project Management Cluster – Team 1 in collecting and preparing material for management and input for other policy documents;
- Ensure effective communication flow between the central office, EUAA Operations and teams/stakeholders in different locations;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and coordinate the relevant exercises related to the programme management;
- Support the Team Leader of the Project Management Cluster – Team 1 to conceptualize, develop and implement ad-hoc projects, as requested by the EUAA Operations supported, aimed at identifying good practices and lessons learned in the implementation of project management functions.
- Develop new practices and/or tools for the identification, documentation, synthesis of challenges, lessons learned and good practices to be integrated into broader knowledge management efforts.
- Support the Team Leader of the Project Management Cluster – Team 1 to conceptualize and develop internal and external briefings sessions and workshops, with the aim of strengthening quality, effectiveness and efficiency project management processes and deliverables.
- Represent the Project Management Cluster - Team 1 in external consultations, networks, and meetings. Participate in internal and external meetings as requested.
- Contribute to the conceptualization and organization of meetings and events, both online and in presence, including by delivering presentations and performing administrative tasks as needed.
- Handle information sharing and training of EUAA personnel.
- Contribute to the overall conceptualization and implementation of project management functions as assigned to the Project Management Cluster.
- Ensure availability to travel to the operations supported by the Project Management Cluster, to perform the tasks assigned to this profile.
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service.
- A completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma.
- Professional experience of 1 year relevant to the above described responsibilities.
- Excellent knowledge of the project management cycle.
- Proven experience in applying programme and project management principles and best practices.
- Excellent analytical & drafting skills in English.
- Thorough Knowledge of English (level C1 in all dimensions as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFRL).
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications.
- Completed university degree of at least three years in political sciences, law, European studies, or other applicable fields.
- Previous experience within an international and multicultural environment.
- Previous experience in the planning and/or monitoring field in the area of migration and/or asylum.
- Working knowledge (written, reading, speaking) of one or more of the following languages: Spanish, French, German or other European languages.
- General knowledge of EUAA and EU Institutions functioning.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver under pressure;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision on multiple tasks;
- Excellent intercultural/interdisciplinary communication skills;
- Excellent analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills and well-developed interpersonal skills;
- Attention to confidentiality and integrity;
- Team spirit.
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €42,853.80 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Wednesday 22nd of November 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications