MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR Consulting, Training, Recruitment and Temporary Placements Agency. We are looking to hire an Administrative and Archiving/Library Assistant - interim support for the European Union Agency for Asylum to be based in Malta, Headquarters.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Union Agency for Asylum (EUAA). EUAA is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
- Support the Head of Sector and Document Management Officer in ensuring that the necessary administrative, library and archiving tasks are performed to the Agency’s standards.
- Perform administrative tasks, including amongst others:
- Providing support for administrative and financial activities.
- Organising internal meetings, including drafting agendas, meeting documents, presentations, minutes etc.
- Supporting the provision of library services, including orders and subscriptions, and cataloguing.
- Performing other tasks, as required
- Perform tasks relating to records management, including amongst others:
- Providing support for the organisation and cataloguing of the paper archive.
- Undertake electronic scanning of paper documents and uploading to an electronic document management system.
- Assisting in administering and maintaining the electronic records and documents management system.
- Assisting in the development, implementation and follow-up of records and archival management procedures.
- Providing support for other records and archiving management tasks, as required
- Support communication and training activities, including amongst others:
- Providing support to the Agency’s staff with information on records and archival management via the intranet, email and other communication channels.
- Assisting in the organisation and supervision of the network of DMO Correspondents.
- Assisting in developing training materials concerning records and archival management.
- Providing support during training sessions on records and archival management.
- Previous experience of at least two years in records/archival management
- Professional/practical experience related to the tasks described under Responsibilities, particularly to cataloguing.
- Knowledge of document, records and archival management systems, as well as knowledge and understanding of applicable international standards in the field.
- Thorough knowledge of English (level C1 in all dimensions as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or CEFRL).
- Computer literacy, including MS Office suite, use of internet and web-based applications.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Relevant post-graduate degree will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of/experience in library services.
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new software/procedures without extensive training.
- Resilient and capable of performing the same task for long periods of time.
- Commitment to customer service and promotion of records and archival management practices.
- Ability to work in a team but also independently, where required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Past work experience within EU institutions or bodies or in a multicultural environment.
- Completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma in the field of records, archival and information studies or equivalent.
The position falls in hierarchical Category III and the associated salary is €33,475.68 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Friday 13th of October 2023.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
this job offer is not open for applications